Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Have you been on the Orient Express and was it worth it ??

(15 Posts)
mumtosp Mon 17-Feb-14 12:28:56

Hi all,

I'm thinking of booking a trip on the Orient Express as a suprise wedding anniversary gift for DH smile
The one I'm looking at is a round trip through the countryside which starts at 12:30 and ends by 16:15... and it costs �395 per person !! It include a five course lunch with Champagne and a bottle of wine...

Since it costs so much, I was wondering if someone on here has been on it and would you recommend it ??

TIA smile

redshoespurplehat Mon 17-Feb-14 13:52:30

yes! worth every penny! but DH is a train freak so that my be something to do with it? food was good scenery very good . very attentive service . have fun

My parents did one of the day trips and LOVED it.

squoosh Mon 17-Feb-14 13:54:46

Oh I'd love to do this. Looks like a great day out.

MuttonCadet Mon 17-Feb-14 13:59:25

We did the northern belle which is the same company, absolutely loved it!

mumtosp Tue 18-Feb-14 15:47:45

Great... booking tickets now ! Thanks everyone smile

Frikadellen Tue 18-Feb-14 15:56:15

come back and tell us about it mumtosp as well I would love to hear your experience of it.

ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Tue 18-Feb-14 16:01:10

Yes I've done it twice, was lovely. Everyone waves nicely when you stop anywhere.

Rowgtfc72 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:03:05

My dads looking at the northern belle one from Grimsby in October. Will tell him it comes recommended!

My dh would love this! Id like to do it for his 40th so should really start saving! Do let us know how it went smile

mumtosp Wed 19-Feb-14 12:27:47

GuyMartinsSideburns If you have a nector card you can apparently use the points to get a 25% discount as long as you book it 6 months in advance....
Unfortunately I cannot do this as I really want the tickets for April but maybe something you can plan for smile

mumtosp Wed 19-Feb-14 12:57:58

For those who have been on it, any tips on what to wear ? smile

lizzypuffs Wed 19-Feb-14 12:59:36

I

Weliveinabeautifulworld Wed 19-Feb-14 13:06:31

A train journey lasting less than 4 hours + lunch costing £790 for 2 people shock

lizzypuffs Wed 19-Feb-14 13:28:51

I have been twice and loved it.

Most people wear smart casual - I wore black trousers ( boring I know ) and a smart top. The second time I wore a nice but not fancy dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now