Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Alarmingly beautiful men

(221 Posts)
AndHarry Sat 15-Feb-14 12:23:10

I have two male colleagues who are so intensely handsome that I don't know where to look when I'm talking to them. I don't fancy them at all but they are stunning. Any tips? grin

nikkihollis Sat 15-Feb-14 12:28:53

Imagine them sat on the loo, with their trousers round their ankles, trying to squeeze out a hard poo smile

Imagine them being sick.

Imagine them farting.

That's all I can come up with!

nikkihollis Sat 15-Feb-14 12:29:23

Oh, and picking their noses or scratching their bums.

mrsjay Sat 15-Feb-14 12:35:45

they probably fart in the morning while scratching their behind think about it grin

OrchidFlakes Sat 15-Feb-14 12:37:19

Eek I work with one too - I go all girly and ridiculous around him. Quite pathetic really. All I do is try and avoid eye contact not helpful as it probably makes me loom shifty

Watching with interest...

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 15-Feb-14 12:39:00

Just enjoy it! I have the same "problem" and it brightens up my day tbh.

Hawkmoth Sat 15-Feb-14 12:46:06

Just think of them in the Hawkshead catalogue or something. And try not to speak to them. That's my strategy at work, thankfully one of them left. He was always at the kitchen photocopier and I found it very difficult because I'm shit at carrying mugs.

mrsjay Sat 15-Feb-14 12:57:47

I once had a guy working on the gas pipes in the neighbours garden he was the most beautiful man i had ever seen in my life I went all simpery and swoony and seemed to be going out to check if my washing was dry A LOT blush

AwfulMaureen Sat 15-Feb-14 13:00:40

Oh I love those. My brother's friend was one and as I was 14 at the time, I used to STARE at him unashamedly. I lurved him. He was tall, dark and olive skinned with the most perfect features and white smile. Gorgeous!

Shakey1500 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:01:15

I had to act opposite one. Kept trying to convince the director that our two characters simply must kiss surely?? Twas not to be and I had to settle for persuading the director that two more buttons undone on his shirt "would be more authentic for the period" grin

LaQueenOfHearts Sat 15-Feb-14 13:15:54

My ex was just breathtakingly beautiful...a perfect hybrid cross between Johnny Depp and Joshua Jackson - he had cheekbones to die for, huge dark eyes, and a brooding expression...

Other girls used to literally do a double-take when they saw him, and then trample over me to get at him hmm

However, despite his looks he was a real tight arse with money, and a callous twat who thought it perfectly acceptable to dump me after 2.5 years, in front of a beer-garden full of strangers - because he hoped I wouldn't make a scene. I still broke down in tears, even though I tried so hard not to sad

A few years later, we met up a few times through a mutual friend, and he made it very clear he wanted me back...I took great pleasure in turning him down flat, because I was very happy with DH by then...who might not have been quite so beautiful, but was 10 times the man my ex could ever be smile

Oh GOD I had one of these last weekend. I had been slobbing on the sofa watching Judge Judy and someone banged on my door.
Well, the chap on the step was just BEAUTIFUL. Friendly, chatty, funny, just something about him... turned out he was the previous resident of my house and had been hoping a PPI latter had arrived here.
We chatted for about 10 minutes and I thought "this is going so well!" And then he mentioned his girlfriend. Sigh!!!

SantanaLopez Sat 15-Feb-14 13:25:10

That's really quite a pleasant problem, isn't it?

I think we need pictures before we can judge wink

Suzannewithaplan Sat 15-Feb-14 13:25:46

Just keep reminding yourself that it's inner beauty what counts wink

Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 13:26:26

I dated one when I was young and hot. Was a model. Was hard to think of much to say. Lots of staring.

LexieSinclair Sat 15-Feb-14 13:27:47

Oh god I wish I had this problem.

nikkihollis Sat 15-Feb-14 13:28:01

As LaQueen illustrates, the old saying 'Handsome is as handsome does', is very true. Glad you didn't take up with poster boy again and are with a much lovelier partner now.

My ex was like this, he was also an abusive git. Now he also has a ridiculous mustache, but it still doesn't seem to diminish his effect on women. People who's good looks distract me, I imagine with his mustache. It works a treat...

LastTangoInDevonshire Sat 15-Feb-14 13:30:14

I can't wait for Peaky Blinders to start again - Cillian Murphy as Tommy makes my knees go weak blush

We were at the hospital yesterday with my poor sick MIL. The absolute beauty of the doctor help with the stress of it all I tell ya. It was all I could do not to reach over her sick bed and lick his face.

CrystalJelly Sat 15-Feb-14 13:39:09

Imagine him shitting himself and it running down his leg. That's what I do.

SantanaLopez Sat 15-Feb-14 13:40:54

The absolute beauty of the doctor help with the stress of it all I tell ya. It was all I could do not to reach over her sick bed and lick his face.

grin

I did actually laugh out loud at that!

Kendodd Sat 15-Feb-14 13:41:41

I think my husband of twenty years is beautiful, so do lots of other people. He doesn't get flirted with so much anymore though, maybe to others (not me) his looks are fadeing. smile

Bluestocking Sat 15-Feb-14 13:41:49

I do love an encounter with one of these. When I was about fifteen, we had a wasps' nest in the roof and for some reason I was the only one at home when the pest control man arrived. He was the spitting image of Michael York in The Three Musketeers, who was one of my formative pre-teen crushes. smile

squoosh Sat 15-Feb-14 13:58:49

I work with someone who is alarmingly beautiful, he's also a lovely guy. I use his breathtaking beauty to my advantage though. I sometimes need to hold meetings with a 'challenging' person. I know this person has the major hots for my colleague so I rope him into these meetings and she's too busy swooning at him to be her normal shrewish self.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now