Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

in a shitty pissed off mood, anyone care to join me.

(44 Posts)
piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 20:31:16

dd off school today with period pain, not even her period yet, (she's on the pill for period problems and i have to time her packets of pills to coincide with school holidays)
i'm tired, i get stressed because of the pressure from school. i'm due on, and just wanted dd to get thought this week before half term.

just totally shitty pissed off and fucked off. blah blah bored, etc. lonely oh yes that one too. Just hate being on my own with it all. oh tired too. oh and trying hard to lose weight, have lost two stone in 2012, but since xmas 5 bloody pounds have crept on, and off, and on.

i wanna eat crappy food, i haven't even been eating badly, my body just adores sucking every last fooking calorie out of ANYTHING.

pissed off.

there. sad

NatashaBee Mon 10-Feb-14 20:39:48

Does your daughter take anything else besides the pill? Mefanamic acid is supposed to be good.

Sympathy and wine...

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 20:42:10

hi, thanks. she does, it makes no difference i'm afraid.

i have a cupboard full of prescribed shit.

coffeeinbed Mon 10-Feb-14 20:46:45

Fasting for a day before my period used to help when I was younger and had terrible periods.
Don't know why.

I should probably do it again, discovered that somehow managed to put on a stone since November.
Bugger.

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:24:50

weight gain, so demoralising.

even on this pill she gets cramps days before, not every month no. just sick of it.
have tried about 4 pills now. she's not even 12 yet.

RandomMess Mon 10-Feb-14 22:27:30

piratecat I remember your previous threads sad have they checked her out thoroughly for endo or anything else that could be causing her such pain?

Sorry you're having a shitty fed up week, they're horrible flowers

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:37:12

hi random, she was sent to a gynae, but they aren't concerned it's endo. it doesn't fit the descriptions.

the last one was ok. one before that ok, in half term oct.

she is miserable, i'm down.
just get this dread/fear each time she misses school. i can't do any more, and sometimes don't even feel like doing anything, as it makes no difference.
thanks.x

K999 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:42:38

Hi Piratecat. My DDs the same. She's been off quite a lot in the past couple of years. I used to dread calling the school but now they know her history I don't worry about it.

She was off school not long ago because a cyst had ruptured. I know it scrappy - have some wine and cake

RandomMess Mon 10-Feb-14 22:42:48

sad

K999 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:43:31

crappy grin

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:46:55

hi K999, i commented on your other thread about the cyst thing.

when dd gets ill i seem to lose it inside. outside i try not to let it affect her, but i seem to lose a piece of sanity every time. I have self confidence and guilt issues from me and from outside forces over dd generally. so it just plays on it i suppose.
I'm first in there to advise others, the EWO and all that bother with school, but my whole soul sinks when dd misses school.

xx

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:49:04

dd had an undagnosed for two weeks hemorrhagic cyst that ruptured in her ovary.

it was the scariest most depressing time ever. had to convince a&E to keep her in and scan her. turned out my fears were right, she was only ten.
just lose faith. x

K999 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:52:36

Piratecat - I know how you feel but what happened to your dd and my dd was outwith our control. As parents you always look to blame yourself but sometimes shitty things just happen. Fwiw I think you're doing great smile

RandomMess Mon 10-Feb-14 22:53:01

pirate it still makes me so angry what your dd went throuhg. I regularly tell other parents that young girls can get cysts and they should demand scans and not be fobbed off with grumbling appendix bullshit.

K999 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:56:31

Random, you're right. I tell folk that too. My dd (aged 12) had 23cm dermoid cyst removed by emergency laparotomy. She had to have her Fallopian tube and ovary removed too sad. Since then, she's had other cysts, and the last one ruptured so again was treated as an emergency case!

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:57:07

thanks, i'd be saying the same to you, to random, i know i should say the same to myself.

that's good that you are doing that telling people about cysts.

xx

RandomMess Mon 10-Feb-14 22:59:32

Work colleagues dd had a huge one drained as well - took them over a month to actually look at her ovaries. She is very lucky as in there is no obvious damage. Makes me so cross that gynae problems are just ignored as a possibility when the surge of hormones is probably what triggers them perhaps?

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 23:01:39

K999, i commented on a thread where you mentioned your poor dd. I was amazed i had found someone else with a young daughter having ovary problems.

The Poor love, so young.
dd nearly lost her right ovary too, but it was a different type of cyst to your dd's, tho at the time they originally told me the ovary wasn't functioning at all.

Is your dd on the pill for bad periods? When did she start her periods? dd was 9 1/2.

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 23:03:30

yes hormone surges happen like this.

our gynae said dd's bad periods are just unfortunate. absence of intermittent bleeding between periods says she hasn't got endo.

i hope not.

ZingSweetApple Mon 10-Feb-14 23:04:03

piratecat

if you want to loose weight may i offer you my virus? I've had the runs since 5am yesterday, still have painful stomach cramps and lost 5lbs since Friday.

not ideal.
I'm 4 months pg, looking after our 6 kids, (2 are ill), buyer of our house pulled out last week, now we are officially in flood risk area, I'm exhausted, stressed & worried, have no patience nor energy but still have nausea/sickness and frequent nose bleeds.

I'm not a happy bunnysad angry

ZingSweetApple Mon 10-Feb-14 23:05:11

I meant to put a grin after offering illness.

I don't wish this on anyone!

K999 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:06:10

No, not on pill. She started periods at 11, hence being fobbed off by gp who put her symptoms down to period pains. At next follow up though I'm going to ask about the pill and freezing eggs. Dd is 14 now but it feels like she's always unwell and has a sore stomach! The last time, when the cyst ruptured, she was in agony and so ill, that I thought she was dying sad

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 23:07:17

K999 you mention she has had more, how has this manifested?

does she have regular check ups or ultrasounds? how do you differentiate between period pain and this pain.
if you suspect another cyst are you able to go straight in to hospital/ward?

dd knows what the one time ovary pain feels like, and is always quick to reassure me she knows it from period pain.

piratecat Mon 10-Feb-14 23:09:31

Zing, you have it very rough, my goodness.

are you in Somerset

here is a big cake for when you stop having the shits. (crude but hey)

ZingSweetApple Mon 10-Feb-14 23:12:42

nope, near Thames

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now