Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Is there anything you fancy having a go at, but probably never will?

(107 Posts)
Kasterborous Mon 10-Feb-14 16:03:49

We went to the Eden Project last year and they had this 'sky wire' that you went laid out face down in really high up over the whole project I would quite like a go on it, but might chicken out if it ever came to it. That or do a parachute jump but a tandem one attached to someone who knows what they are doing.

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 16:05:18

I would love to go in a hot air balloon over africa not all of africa obviously grin but i would probably spend the whole trip at the bottom of the basket crying because it is too high

Honeysweet Mon 10-Feb-14 16:06:28

A parachute jump.
I have grown out of the idea!
I think that it might be like fairground rides. After about the age of 35, they feel like more hassle than they are worth.

Kasterborous Mon 10-Feb-14 16:06:44

That sounds good too mrsjay

ladypanbanisha Mon 10-Feb-14 16:07:31

I would like to shag Daniel Craig but probably never will.

Yamyoid Mon 10-Feb-14 16:08:11

Scuba diving
Get a tattoo
Diving with sharks

Rhubarbgarden Mon 10-Feb-14 16:10:31

I'd like to do an Earthwatch project researching lemurs in Madagascar. Should have done it when I was young, single and childless. It won't happen now sad

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 16:11:55

of course it can Rhubarb my friend has been on volunteer projects working with animals she just waited till her children grew up

GlitzAndGiggles Mon 10-Feb-14 16:17:07

I'd like to be a midwife one day
I'd also like to skydive before 30

shouldnthavesaid Mon 10-Feb-14 16:34:19

Water skiing, jet skiing and white water rafting.

Doubt I could do it very well - I'm not a very confident swimmer but I'd certainly love to try.

DontGiveAwayTheHomeworld Mon 10-Feb-14 16:37:59

Sailing - I asked DH to take me, but he's wary of it because I'm not a strong swimmer.

Kasterborous Mon 10-Feb-14 16:38:34

Ooh yes water skiing would be good, would also love to have a go at normal skiing and snowboarding but would probably break my neck.

CiderBomb Mon 10-Feb-14 16:41:47

Skiing. Always wanted to have a go but never had the chance.

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 16:43:58

Oh id love to have a go at louge (spelling) that looks like fun

MrsDeVere Mon 10-Feb-14 16:46:26

David Tennant

<lowers tone>

Kasterborous Mon 10-Feb-14 16:46:31

I went sailing once with school on one of those adventure holidays. Scared me witless the side of the boat was far too close to the water and if you forgot to duck you got bashed by the boon - I think that's what it was called - when it turned round. We did canoeing, caving, mountain biking, rock climbing, gorge walking and abseiling. I was 16 and loved it.

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 16:47:23

mrsDV that kinda goes without saying

meglet Mon 10-Feb-14 16:48:26

Climb Everest. (Too sensible and I don't have a death wish, but might do base camp when the dc's are adults)

Sky dive (way too chicken).

I'm either going to try surfing this summer, or it'll be my fourth year chickening out hmm.

Kasterborous Mon 10-Feb-14 16:48:41

David Tennant is too skinny grin

MrsDeVere Mon 10-Feb-14 16:50:37

shock

FuckingWankwings Mon 10-Feb-14 16:51:16

I'd love a go on Benedict Cumberbatch.

Also hot-air ballooning, but realistically I'm too chicken.
Get my eyes lasered, but realistically I'm too skint, squeamish and probably too myopic.
Learn to sing.
Go to Burning Man.

smartiepantsgirl Mon 10-Feb-14 16:56:52

Ahhh - all of you wanting to go in a hot air balloon. Do it. It's amazing. grin

I'd love to get my eyes lasered too but am waaay too squeamish to do the bit where they clamp your eyes open confused

StickyProblem Mon 10-Feb-14 16:57:44

I've never been skiing and I really want to have a go at least once. The plan is to hopefully get some beginners lessons from the local dry slope at some point this year. I am 45 and overweight with dodgy knees, so it's now or never! (in fact, perhaps it was 5 years ago or never...)

StickyProblem Mon 10-Feb-14 16:58:35

I'd like to try the luge too! It involves lying down, so it must be fun!!

shouldnthavesaid Mon 10-Feb-14 16:58:42

Did sailing once in Loch Eil on a small boat - very wet, windy and cold. I landed up with very sore boobs (vasoconstriction? They turned white) and hated it. Now, if I'd gone on a sunny summers day ...

I did a 24 hour hike too but that was nothing new at the time having done girl guiding for years. Only difference was relying on powder packet food and a tranga which I thought was a bit sad! Nothing better than food cooked on an open fire..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now