Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

When did your c-section scar stop hurting - forever!

(31 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Mon 10-Feb-14 15:01:06

Seriously!

Dd is nearly 3yo! shock

I haven't done anything strenuous or stretching etc. But my scar feels really tender today.

I can cope with the permanent numbness in the area of the scar( which I was never warned about hmm ) but for me to still be getting twinges 3 years on is madness!

still wouldn't give birth naturally though

Tiredemma Mon 10-Feb-14 15:02:27

oh God- dont say that!!

DD is only 5 months and mine drives me mad

THREE YEARS????

GreggsOnLegs Mon 10-Feb-14 15:04:55

Ds is 2yo and mine still hurts occasionally too, the numbness hasn't gone either.

Theresadogonyourballs Mon 10-Feb-14 15:04:55

My DD is 5 and I still get twinges especially if I overdo it at the gym. My friend had one 8 years ago and says the same - sorry!!shockshock

Cloola Mon 10-Feb-14 15:06:27

My oldest is 9 and I am still completely numb and I get soreness and stabbing pains every now an again!

Suddengeekgirl Mon 10-Feb-14 15:06:49

Could just be me - hence my highly scientific MN research wink

It hardly ever hurts but today is bad - weird!
Maybe it's because I've had 2 confused

C-sections are almost completely brill - but I would like it to stop hurting and I would love my bikini line scar area not to feel numb still hmm

thecrimsonpetal Mon 10-Feb-14 15:12:19

I have to say, my DD is 16 mo, and my c-section scar is absolutely fine, I don't have any pain or numbness, asides from the scar it feels exactly like it did before. I can't remember when it stopped being uncomfortable, I think it was quite early on though. The midwife who took the dressing off when I was in hospital commented on what a neat job they had done.

bigredbook Mon 10-Feb-14 15:16:09

No pain at all after about 6 months and very little even then.

CaptainHindsight Mon 10-Feb-14 15:16:47

DS is 9 and I still get the occasional twinge.

DS says its because Voldemort is angry grin

Oodlesofoodles Mon 10-Feb-14 15:18:38

Dd2s scar still hurt when I had dd3 , 9 years later.
Dd3s was fine, ds still hurts now almost a year on (& the lump they said was haematoma is still there too!)

sunshinemmum Mon 10-Feb-14 15:18:55

I agree it was sensitive for years, the muscles were never the same for me after. Can't dig the garden, however hard I try for instance.

HannahLaRouge Mon 10-Feb-14 15:29:20

3 months and it only hurts when I really need a wee :-)

FrigginRexManningDay Mon 10-Feb-14 15:30:36

Mine still gets twingy and stabby especially around ovulation and coming up to my period, or if I've overdone things. It was a bit of a shock to discover the numbness as well around the scar, and my periods are so heavy.
I was told by a doctor thats because of womb lining building up on the scar on the uterus.

emsyj Mon 10-Feb-14 15:31:40

DD1 is 4 this year and my scar hurts in cold weather especially - and sometimes itches and aches.

LottieAndTheDinosaur Mon 10-Feb-14 15:41:24

Oh I've just been wondering if its possible to tear the scar open on the inside because mine is hurting so much from my constant bloody coughing!!

My DC are 3 and 1 though so I don't think that can happen that long post op...can it?? confused

Damnautocorrect Mon 10-Feb-14 15:43:09

Ds is 5 and I still have a lot of problems. It's controlled by blinding pain killers from the docs but they knock me out something rotten

My scar from dc1 was painful until I had dc2! The surgeon said he'd had to remove a lot of internal scar tissue and it hadnt healed properly (it was keloid so all lumpy). My second scar healed brilliantly and doesn't hurt at all. The area is a bit numb though but I'm used to that now.

Loopylouu Mon 10-Feb-14 15:49:11

I had my section 11 years ago and it's still mostly numb!

Am 33 weeks pregnant and (hopefully if the bastard hosptal agree to it) having another in 6 weeks. I hope the numbness will help me out!

Loopylouu Mon 10-Feb-14 15:51:08

DS says its because Voldemort is angry grin brilliant!

Suddengeekgirl Mon 10-Feb-14 16:35:36

Can we petition the NHS to add irritating niggles for the rest of your life and numbness to the list of 'things that might happen when you have a c-section'

Because I'm sure no one warned me about either! hmm

meglet Mon 10-Feb-14 16:44:06

I had 2 cs's (2006 + 2008) and a hysterectomy (2009) <abdominal surgery queen grin>.

On closer inspection (ie: prodding it while drink my tea) it does still feel numb. No twinges, but if I haven't been to the gym for a while I'm aware of the scar feeling tight. It still feels tender when I do my bikini line. I know I had internal adhesions, but no problems, after my second cs (consultant "we had to unpick your uterus from your bladder before we could take it out"). So I wonder if more formed after the hystectomy. Anything could be stuck to anything down there confused.

ExcuseTypos Mon 10-Feb-14 16:51:20

My dd is 23 and the scar hurt for the first year.

It still feels numb and I can't bear to touch it. I think it stays numb forever doesn't it, because they cut nerves which don't heal properly.

bringonyourwreckingball Mon 10-Feb-14 17:11:19

I sometimes get take your breath away painful twinges when I bend certain ways, like when I'm putting on tights. Dd2 is 5.

grumpyoldbat Mon 10-Feb-14 17:47:25

Slightly numb sensation if I prod it but no pain. My sections were 2 and 8 years ago but can't remember when the pain stopped.

JsOtherHalf Mon 10-Feb-14 17:47:31

DS is 7. I still get twinges of pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now