Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Anyone else like lots of butter sometimes..?

(28 Posts)
theplanets Mon 10-Feb-14 01:38:32

I used to lurve getting a thick bit of butter on something, like crusty bread. It was more-ish and delicious. That has worn off the last few years, but last night I suddenly wanted the taste of butter, and the most suitable thing I had for it was some crackerbread, corny type stuff (bit like Ryvita but is Swedish and delicious), so had that with lots of butter on. And did the same tonight. I'm not hungry (and it's not that healthy) but it just tastes so good! Anyone else the same?

SoleSource Mon 10-Feb-14 01:40:00

Only for bumsex.

123Jump Mon 10-Feb-14 04:10:52

I'm Irish. We slather butter onto everything! I simply couldn't imagine not having real butter on my food. What have you been using instead of butter for all those years?
When my siblings and I are all 'home' , we go through a pound of butter in the blink of an eye.

Bertrude Mon 10-Feb-14 04:25:21

Only on a sausage butty with a stonking hangover. Then the butter needs to be as thick as the sausages and dribble off whilst trying to eat it.

mummyto2boysandagirl3 Mon 10-Feb-14 04:27:43

I like bread with a lot of butter with meals like cottage pie etc not healthy at all and stopping it is probably what has contributed to my weight loss smile

ThePost Mon 10-Feb-14 04:42:40

Yes, on cold, crunchy toast.

LittleBabyPigsus Mon 10-Feb-14 04:43:29

mummy but butter is perfectly healthy. Much better than margarine. Also if you're doing low carb then butter is fine and people lose weight doing that....

MummyPig24 Mon 10-Feb-14 07:46:30

A hot cross bun with lots of butter is delicious.

Ooh, yes. Hot cross buns covered in butter are delicious. I also love cold white toast with butter.

mummyto2boysandagirl3 Mon 10-Feb-14 08:03:14

Not the way I put it's more like butter with some bread and I used to have 2/3 slices now I limit myself but I agree marge isn't good

Catsmamma Mon 10-Feb-14 08:04:09

always

and thick enough to have teethmarks in it.

theplanets Mon 10-Feb-14 12:31:05

123Jump I've still been using butter just that craving for lots on something came back.

Yes those who said on cold toast, I know what you mean, so the butter doesn't melt and as another number said, you can get teeth marks on smile.

And others who said on warm hot cross buns, yes that's yum.

Too much butter isn't healthy as it's got saturated fat unless you are young and active. Too much margarine if it's got hydrogenated fat isn't good either, or margarine full stop too much because it's processed (I think that's why) though it's fortified, but that in moderation too. But I am a piggy for the taste of butter!

Chippingnortonset123 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:35:52

I like a little bit of potato in my butter.

insummeritrains Mon 10-Feb-14 12:38:41

I eat tons of the stuff. And agreed - not much can beat the hot cross bun and butter grin

Tiger bread with half an inch of unsalted butter on is the food of the gods dribbles

Rowboat Mon 10-Feb-14 12:50:24

oh i love butter so thick you can see your teeth marks. Particularly on scones or French bread. Yum.

MoominMammasHandbag Mon 10-Feb-14 12:56:36

Mmmm, I don't have butter that often, but when I do, I like a lot. DH on the other hand is a scraper. What's the point in that?

MrsDavidBowie Mon 10-Feb-14 12:58:55

God yes. You can stuff your low fat spread.

loveliesbleeding1 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:01:22

Ooh yes, on a scolding hot jacket potato, wonderful.

Looksgoodingravy Mon 10-Feb-14 13:03:07

I put far too much onto a jacket potato and handfuls of grated cheese, salt and black pepper, yum!

LoonvanBoon Mon 10-Feb-14 13:04:16

Definitely! Love lots of butter on crumpets, in jacket potatoes & on sourdough bread. Oh yes, & hot cross buns.

Looksgoodingravy Mon 10-Feb-14 13:05:02

Oh yes and lashings of it on hot toast with a mug of coffee.

Suddengeekgirl Mon 10-Feb-14 13:06:17

I've just switched to butter (from margarine type spreads).

I've been using the unsalted that I bought for baking but it's missing something... Salt I guess! smile

Do you butter people prefer salted or unsalted?

It is lush on a hot cross bun though! smile

bazingasheldon Mon 10-Feb-14 13:08:05

Butter is going to be the death of me. I bloody love the stuff.

MyNameIsSuz Mon 10-Feb-14 13:11:36

Ahhh I love it! I think if I couldn't have butter I wouldn't bother eating bread at all, the only reason I ever have a bit of toast is so I can have butter on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now