Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I want a tattoo

(66 Posts)
ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 21:18:45

I've booked myself in for April. I keep having cold feet!'

Have you got tattoos? Do any of you regret them?

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 09-Feb-14 21:20:26

If you're having cold feet don't do it. It's not something you can have doubts about.

Make sure the design is right and the placing is good. Also don't have a small tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo, have a nicely drawn, well thought out, decently sized piece on a nice flattering part of the body. It should complement you.

I have 3 tattoos and love them all

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Sun 09-Feb-14 21:20:47

I have two. I regret one and want the other extending. I also want another.

What are you getting?

Magix Sun 09-Feb-14 21:21:10

I have 7 . They all mean something to me and I love them ! I've been thinking of getting another one I have an idea for one but it's just getting around to doing it .

FifiLeBoo Sun 09-Feb-14 21:21:23

I have four love them all am planning number 6. Research your artist, see some samples of their work if you can.

Beware they are addictive grin

MikeLitoris Sun 09-Feb-14 21:24:15

What normal said. If your not sure then don't do it.

I love all mine and they are all one off pieces drawn for me. Don't just go in and pick something out of a book. Make sure it means something to you.

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 09-Feb-14 21:26:20

I want one, have done for years and years can never totally agree on what and where though if I had them all good knows how many I would have now.

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Sun 09-Feb-14 21:35:23

If you're not sure for gods sake don't do it! I'm rocking around whether or not I want to get my next piece done, I'm not sure so I am just working on the design and will probably never get it done!

My rule is a year from design completion to booking in to have it inked without any changing of mind.

Have you got a design picked out or worked up, or are you planning on picking something on the day? As that is not usually the best idea!

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 21:36:22

Booked in with Louis Molloy, he did beckhams angel, Victoria beckhams, n loads others.

So I'm thinking something sentimental to do with my children. Thinking either script with a meaningful quote and there names or two coloured feathers intertwined with their names as the spine of the feather.

Cold feet mainly as I don't know if it will "suit" me... However it will be placed somewhere quite private which will only be seen by my family

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 21:37:40

Haha definitely not picking on the day, constantly sketching ideas.

EllaFitzgerald Sun 09-Feb-14 21:39:20

I have lots and I don't regret any of them, but I never had second thoughts with any of them either. Apart from three small flash ones, mine are all custom and I chose the artist and placement very carefully.

I wouldn't do it unless you are totally positive. Laser removal is very expensive and apparently much more painful than the original tattoo.

Jellypudmum Sun 09-Feb-14 21:44:35

I have my dc initials intertwined on my inner wrist and adore it. It makes me smile every time I look at it or feel a bit down.smile

redrubyindigo Sun 09-Feb-14 21:48:00

You cannot give blood for quite a while after having a tattoo. Would that bother you if someone close to you needed your blood?

CecyHall Sun 09-Feb-14 21:48:36

I have 8. I regret 1 but actually probably wouldn't bother with any of them if I could go back around.

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 21:51:49

If someone close to me needed blood?? Where do you live?? Where does that happen?

I any of mine needed blood they would get it from a blood bank where it has been checked, filtered, tested, treated etc before transfusion.

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Sun 09-Feb-14 21:54:21

grin at the not giving blood comment. Seriously?!

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Feb-14 22:04:54

You know, you don't need to be at all literal with the meaning in the design - there's no need for that at all. Whatever you choose can, and will, mean whatever you want it too.

IME it's best to start with an image, item or feeling you love and makes you feel happy, then work from there. I've taken all sorts when I go for a tattoo consult - from handmade lace to old botanical drawings, photos, flowers from my garden.

It's really important to pin down the style you want, it's always good to print out a few examples of your artists work that incorporate a style, feel or colour combination you particularly would like to go with.

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Sun 09-Feb-14 22:08:25

I got my 7th this weekend and have my 8th booked in next month.

I dont regret any, but Ive not followed any of the advice on here in the past. I have 2 that I picked out in the shop. Ive always had an idea of what I wanted and where. Ive only ever gone to somewhere that has been recommended to me and avoided places when someone has told me to.

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Feb-14 22:08:57

Have PM'ed you a photo ElBombero

WhamBamThankYouMam Sun 09-Feb-14 22:11:51

I have 5, got my last one a couple of days ago actually, I have two on my back that I regret and I'm actually saving to cover them. I rushed into getting them at a young age, now I'm older and hopefully wiser. wink

redrubyindigo Sun 09-Feb-14 22:13:17

My ex-Dh gave blood to his father after a kidney transplant. If he had had a recent tattoo he would have been discounted as a blood donor.

umiaisha Sun 09-Feb-14 22:14:21

I have one very low down on my back which I had done 14 years ago.

I regret it but thankfully it can be covered up. If you are in any doubt don't - personally I do not like tattoos on anyone.

oh god I want one too! need to save up though, and there are so many things to save up for....

I have four. They're all black, simple and small. Most expensive was £30. I think they're great and love them, but then only I got my first one just over a year ago, so would be sad if I didn't!
I would love something by Amanda Wachob but I won't be able to afford it for a good while. And I also want a small wolf somewhere.

enjoy yours OP....cold feet doesn't necessarily mean you'll regret it, it just means that you have a functioning imagination.

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 22:18:40

Mrslettece I love it! Really love it grin

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 22:20:15

Redruby I take it your not in this country?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now