Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Faint bfp or evap line? What do you think??

(74 Posts)
Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 17:51:22

I. So so want it to be a bfp. But it might not be and I don't want to get excited...

Peachypossum Sat 08-Feb-14 17:52:59

They are both very clear lines on my screen.

moonblues Sat 08-Feb-14 17:54:25

Could be BFP... Check again in the morning?

MrsLettuce Sat 08-Feb-14 17:54:33

Yeah, nowt faint about that. Congratulations!

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 17:54:48

Even the left hand one? It's meant to be a cross in that one to be a bfp. A horizontal means negative, if it also has a vertical stripe over it it makes a positive (if that makes sense??)

Nancy66 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:55:08

did it appear in the allotted time?

Hohummmmm Sat 08-Feb-14 17:56:36

Hmm, when is your period due? Can you get one of the pregnant/not pregnant ones and try again in the morn?

FWIW my first BFP was exactly like this but I don't want to get your hopes up.

HungryHorace Sat 08-Feb-14 17:56:47

It looks like a BFP to me. But...do you have a pink dye test you can use in the morning, as blue dye tests can be a bit dodgy?

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 17:56:52

Not immediately immediately but within about 5 mins. Am still a bit early I think. Am on cycle day 32 but sometimes I can go 35/36 days between periods. Just so bloated and sicky .

AHardDaysWrite Sat 08-Feb-14 17:57:26

I had an evap line on a blue test. The test line was much thinner than a true positive would've been. I think blue dye tests are particularly bad for evap lines - I'd get a first response or another pink dye test and try again tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you.

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 17:58:34

I only have blue ones arrghhh! Will rest again in morning with fmu and see what happens then. May invest in pink dye ones if I get another result like this! Thanks all so far smile

Nancy66 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:58:53

it looks like a positive but any line that develops outside the time frame can't be relied on - so I'd do another one in the morning or on Monday

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 17:59:52

Don't evap lines go in same direction as control lines? Or have I totally misunderstood? I'd it just like colour bleeding?

MrsCaptainReynolds Sat 08-Feb-14 18:04:21

Get a digital one!

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 18:11:05

Good plan I might have to invest (when I've used up the stash of tests that is grin)

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Sat 08-Feb-14 18:16:27

Oooh do another with FMU!

FWIW my test was a blue dye one grin although I was 7 weeks pg when I peed on it which might account for why the positive sign showed up before the control line hmm

ScrabbleBabble Sat 08-Feb-14 18:26:30

I see it! Errr... I Think You're Having A Baby!!

Blue lines are easier to see, generally thought better of than pink line ones. Although they show an evap line after their allotted time.

I can see the vertical line, but it looks to be only at the bottom of the test below the horizontal line which would worry me slightly. Take it out of the case and put it on a piece of white paper and take another photo. Blue dye can be a bit of a bugger for evaporation lines, I've had some very convincing ones when I wasn't pregnant!

Kenworthington Sat 08-Feb-14 18:45:32

Ah good idea twatty ill do that and repost in a bit!

cookielove Sat 08-Feb-14 19:10:24

Those blue ones are a pain, I see the cross but it doesn't look like the whole line is filled. I had a similar thing happen a while back and it was a negative. Definitely test with a pink dye test tomorrow morning.

cookielove Sat 08-Feb-14 19:12:14

Those blue ones are a pain, I see the cross but it doesn't look like the whole line is filled. I had a similar thing happen a while back and it was a negative. Definitely test with a pink dye test tomorrow morning.

SelfRighteousPrissyPants Sat 08-Feb-14 19:15:00

Looks positive to me. Look at peeonastick.com.

Kenworthington Sun 09-Feb-14 08:20:30

And. Today ladies I have this offering..... Ta-da! Better??

HaymitchAbarnathy Sun 09-Feb-14 08:22:18

I'm looking at it on my phone so it's teeny but I'm pretty sure I can see a vertical line in the first window! Exciting!

MummyPig24 Sun 09-Feb-14 08:23:01

That's a positive to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now