Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

How can I make DS's invitations?

(15 Posts)
Raptorrrethy Sat 08-Feb-14 09:20:12

I have NO craft-sense whatsoever.
I have plain blue cards and matching envelopes. Party is to be a Dog Party so card need something dog-related on them. Do I print off pictures and cut them out & stick them on? Do I cut out pics of dogs from magazines and stick them on? I have *absolutely no idea* please help if you have any ideas! thanks

DickCrack Sat 08-Feb-14 09:21:25

What does a dog party involve?!

Opening up cards or postcards?

What about a cut out of a bone on the front (opening cards)/top (postcards) with the words 'It's Paw-ty time' on it then details hand written/printed and stuck inside/below the bone?

Asheth Sat 08-Feb-14 09:25:18

Pictures are good. Other ideas could be cut the card into a bone shape - can probably find a template online. Or to paint / print paw prints on the card and envelope.

Raptorrrethy Sat 08-Feb-14 09:31:39

Cutting the cards into bone shapes is a great idea! Especially if I can find a template….my attempt would no doubt resemble a misshapen egg grin

Cards are postcard style, not open-up cards.

Dog party - all manner of doggy delights! Dog treasure hunt, dog piñata, dog pass-the-parcel…you name it, it can be doggified wink

Where can I find pics that I can cut out? The 'printables' I have found by googling seem to come up huge...

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 09:34:31

Don't then just buy some

PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 08-Feb-14 09:35:30
Raptorrrethy Sat 08-Feb-14 09:35:57

I bet our vet has some free 'dog' magazines…will have a look later.

Raptorrrethy Sat 08-Feb-14 09:36:29

Ooh more good ideas - thank you Polly!

I got a bone shaped cookie cutter for a doggy party we did, great template for invites then used for 'dog' biscuits for party food.

ShoeWhore Sat 08-Feb-14 09:37:14

What about cutting out a v obvious dog shape from a different colour paper/card and sticking on the front of the card?

ShoeWhore Sat 08-Feb-14 09:37:41

Could be patterned or plain

Nousernameforme Sat 08-Feb-14 09:40:09

potato print paw print shapes? if you cut the invite into a bone shape you won't want to put too much decoration on them as you will need to write all the info out

SundaySimmons Sat 08-Feb-14 09:43:59

Are you going to use dog poo bags as the party bags?! wink

Do you have a dog? We used to make pet prints using cold hot chocolate on their paws!

Raptorrrethy Sat 08-Feb-14 17:43:07

Thank you all grin
Yes, we have a dog, but his paws were not assailed for the purposes of this exercise!!

All done - bone shaped cards with printout of happy dog stuck on. They look better than they sound!
thanks to you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now