Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Still in pain. Not even on my period so wtf? What would you do?

(586 Posts)
EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:09:51

It's not agonizing but it's pretty sore and is agonizing when I'm on my period. I can't forget about it as it's fairly constant.

This month I've randomly started having bad period pains even though I'm not on my period. Did a preg test yesterday as I was scared it was an ectopic. negative thankfully.

Went to the GP yesterday and he gave me some M'acid and I'm taking paracetamol too but I can still feel it and it's making me miserable sad

WWYD?

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:20:45

I know it's only been one day but it's just shit and it hurts and I feel fobbed off angry

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:25:07

(Also feel really hot and a bit sicky. GP said as I only came off a week or so ago and have had a neg test it CANNOT be an ectopic but I just don't know. I feel awful and crampy and just plain weird).

DollyParsnip Wed 05-Feb-14 08:35:19

Could it possibly be a cyst on your ovary? I would try and get in at your gp again and push for an ultrasound although that may take a while.

I have ovarian cysts and endometriomas, the pain for me us deep in my side into my pelvis and also may back, but it's not relieved (or worsened) by pressing onto it. I use co-codamol and Buscopan which helps loads but it does go and I don't feel hot and sicky .

Tbh, given you're still in pain, hot & sicky I would try your gp but may even suggest a walk in.clinic or a & e as the symptoms aren't easing. Hope you feel better soon.

isitthechange Wed 05-Feb-14 08:37:44

Yes I agree it could be a cyst

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:37:44

Thank you.

It's a little tender to touch (i've been prodding and poking to try and work out where it hurts most, which is to the far left and very low down though it hurts centrally too). But he touched my tummy yesterday and said because it was fairly soft it couldn't be a cyst? Did he mean it couldn't be a burst cyst?

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 05-Feb-14 08:37:58

I would ask GP to refer you for an ultrasound.

bonzo77 Wed 05-Feb-14 08:38:33

Back to gp I think. Could be a UTI or other infection. Have you recently been pregnant (had a baby or miscarriage or termination). Or had a coil fitted?

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:40:07

Had a healthy baby 3 years ago.

No coil. On the pill. I've had UTI's before (ages ago) and it feels nothing like that really but I suppose you never know. It doesn't hurt to wee or anything and the back pain I have had is very very low down whereas with a UTI I get pain higher up in the back & pee all the time.

DollyParsnip Wed 05-Feb-14 08:44:40

The reason I suggested further help is that cysts can twist and cause huge pain etc - have been told with mine that if I get pain with high temp and / or vomiting to head to a & e (not wishing to worry you, sorry!).

Could it be something like kidney stones? Did yr gp do a urine test at all?

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:48:20

He didn't. It feels like bad period pain & is very low down & mostly to the left of my pelvis. Reminds me of braxtom hicks with ds but just very low down.

Feels worse when I move about though.

I can't take anymore painkillers but it effing hurts. Feel 'full' IYSWIM?

I have a month's supply of m'acid so was going to wait it out & see but not sure I can.

Thanks for the replies. DP has no idea what to do & thinks I should just wait so I don't know.

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:48:55

(full as in, full in just that area, not my stomach or anything).

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 08:53:36

Oh am having a colposcopy in a month as I've been bleeding inbetween periods for a while but may be irrelevant to this. It never hurt and my periods have only recently become very painful. I was convinced I was having a miscarriage last week as the first day of my period felt like labour and I passed a few massive clots (sorry for the TMI).

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:08:25

Well there goes my bloody breakfast sad

My stomach doesn't hurt at all though so why was I sick? hmm

Happened yesterday morning too. FFS

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 05-Feb-14 09:11:29

Could just be a bug..sometimes they give you aore bowels as they are brewing.

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 05-Feb-14 09:12:19

But I would get checked out.

Are you 100% sure you are not pregnant?

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:12:56

Maybe. Though I wasn't sick with the last period & I was only sick yesterday morning then felt normal/hungry all day yesterday. I don't know.

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:13:53

I did a first response yesterday but do actually feel 'pregnant' like I did with DS (as in, lots of cramps, sick in the morning, full-womb feeling) but surely it would show by now, plus I had a clotty period just over a week ago!

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 05-Feb-14 09:15:25

I would do another one tbh. Or ask for blood test. And be careful what meds you take just in case.

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:20:22

I'm also on the pill (though forgot 2 about a week before my period but took them asap and then had a period so forgot about it). Plus it didn't hurt this bad with DS but I guess I should make sure. First response are meant to be pretty good but there's a slim chance something's gone wrong maybe.

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 05-Feb-14 09:23:25

Yes. Definitely make sure. Could be hormones gone a bit awry due to forgetting pills too though.

GhostsInSnow Wed 05-Feb-14 09:23:51

I'd go with bug. I'm ten days away from my period but since Sunday I've had a very sore tummy, exactly like you describe with griping period type pains in my left side. It's kept me awake at night.
Not bowels of that I'm certain so I ended up with some type of weird virus. I've been full of cold for a week with raging earache as well so I came to the conclusion it was some weird type of stomach flu and it would sort itself out.

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:26:51

Hope you feel better honey brew

I feel well generally, as in no colds, coughs or runny tummy (just the being sick once or twice). I'll give it another day or so.

I've missed the odd pill here and there before (very occasionally) and it's never caused a twinge but hormones are funny things.

hackmum Wed 05-Feb-14 09:27:57

OP, you really need to go back to the GP and demand a referral. It sounds potentially quite nasty and you are obviously in a lot of pain. Go to someone else in the practice if you don't trust the GP you've already seen.

EddieBlizzard Wed 05-Feb-14 09:30:53

It's just not going away/easing up at all, which is just frustrating. I want to wait and see in case I'm being stupid but it just won't let up for long enough to forget about it hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now