Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What are text numbers on DSS's phone bill starting with a 3 and are 8 digits?

(30 Posts)
noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 16:48:12

Any ideas? I've googled a few and cant find anything. They don't look like normal mobile numbers and can't work out what they are.

Just going through another too big phonebill! Byebye contract phone.

2kidsintow Sat 01-Feb-14 18:22:39

You need to watch fb for using up phone credit.
My DD has a smart phone on payg. She was upset her credit had gone so quickly. We couldn't work it out, especially as her phone was bought on the principle that it was really easy to disable the data easily.

Even with her internet switched off, it was still using up her credit. To stop it we had to sign into her fb account, remover her phone number from her settings and then it finally stopped using her data by pushing info to her phone.

SomewhatSilly Sat 01-Feb-14 17:39:38

Yep, Facebook

Coconutty Sat 01-Feb-14 17:36:00

It's Facebook.

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:34:14

Aha! smile thank you everyone, you are fab!

or maybe its the facebook thing

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Sat 01-Feb-14 17:32:49

(Sorry, cross-posted with lost of people saying the same thing)

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Sat 01-Feb-14 17:32:19

They could be notifications from Facebook -- those often come through from numbers like that.

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 01-Feb-14 17:30:55

I think it's text pictures. There are some websites where you can edit pictures (add borders, graphics, words etc) and then text them to others.

Mogz Sat 01-Feb-14 17:30:40

Found this on an it forum for you:
... the trailing several characters are usually different based on the original sender or other discussion format. Example would be Facebook, which is 32665, but depending on whether or not it's a Facebook Message, Facebook Notification, friend request, tag, etc, the it can be something like 32665-026, 32665-028, etc, and it may or may not be the same each time.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 01-Feb-14 17:30:28

That one is Facebook - i believe 026 is for posting private inbox messages, but it's been a while, so they could have changed.

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:30:17

Ahhhh that's interesting! They all start 32665 and then the last 3 digits vary a bit.

from googling MT means Mobile Terminated and would be messages received by the phone rather than being sent from the phone.

Mogz Sat 01-Feb-14 17:28:30

Oh, also 32665 is the Facebook update number the 026 could be to do with where it is posted.

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:28:13

Got to pop out to get nappies for DS... back shortly!

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:26:26

I am interested because they are at night time....

Mogz Sat 01-Feb-14 17:25:53

Searching for the code on the bill 'mt SMS free' comes up with this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_SMS_billing hope that helps!

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:25:32

Is it maybe something to do with this? This is one of the links that came up when I googled the number? http://www.smsfun.com.au/

frankblackswife Sat 01-Feb-14 17:24:48

Is it facebook maybe? I know you can text updates to facebook and it's a short number.

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:21:45

There isn't a number that goes with it, that's all there is. As I say they aren't chargeable but can't work out what they are. I thought they could be news/sports update type messages but they are at night.

When I enter the numbers into google I can't see anything meaningful come up - and I'm not sure it's the sort of number you can ring?

Thanks for your help by the way all of you smile

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:19:49

This is how one of them appears on the bill

22:05 32665026 MT SMS Free

It's Orange (incase it is one of their services)

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Feb-14 17:19:37

Have you googled the actual phone number or just the code?

missingmumxox Sat 01-Feb-14 17:18:59

Ring one of them?

could you give an example of one of the numbers?

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 01-Feb-14 17:18:00

Could you share one of them?

Typically, these would be short codes, but "3" isn't a UK shortcode number. It could be international shortcode, or it could be something else entirely.

Any chance he's been paying for things with his mobile?

noseymcposey Sat 01-Feb-14 17:17:07

I expect he will say 'I don't know' so can't be bothered to ask him to be honest. I don't think it's anything too dodgy because they aren't chargeable but they are all late at night and there will be quite a few in quick succession. Basically I am checking up on what he is up to......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now