Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Anyone else look like a total minger/dead without make up on?

(97 Posts)
Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:04:38

I'm 32 and without I now just look scary. It's a shame. I want to be fresh faced and lovely.

Whatsforpudding Sat 01-Feb-14 15:07:48

Yep. People always ask me if I'm ill.

I look like Mrs Potato Head without any of the features on her face when I'm make up free.

Really I do grin.

I'm 45 and wear more make up now as well, I rarely go a day without it.

cakesonatrain Sat 01-Feb-14 15:15:28

Yes, me!
I have very red cheeks and big pores, and greasiness.
I'm beautiful sad

I don't give a shit most.of the time though, as anyone who sees me at toddler group will know!

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 01-Feb-14 15:16:17

Yes. I look like I'm on a slab.

sillymillyb Sat 01-Feb-14 15:18:15

Anther member of the undead signing in. Without make up I'm grey. With spots. And sunken eyes.

It's getting worse with age too!

specialsubject Sat 01-Feb-14 15:19:38

no-one looks dead unless they are.

if people ask if you are ill because you aren't wearing makeup, save a lot of effort and just slap them.

wear makeup by all means - but there are some concerning attitudes here.

I don't think make up makes any difference to how I look.

Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:21:36

Why do men look okay? I dared to brave the nursery run the other day (the women who run it looked at me like this shock shock ) but it took so much stress out of the morning it was a revelation.

Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:23:43

You're not wearing the right makeup then over my dead.

I honestly do look ill though.

ggirl Sat 01-Feb-14 15:23:58

I look weird cos my eyebrows /eyelashes have gone grey but not my hair hmm .
I need to put my eyes on ..even if just mascara and brows

AndTwoBits Sat 01-Feb-14 15:25:00

Make up on i look well. Make up off i look like i've taken up heroin.

fussychica Sat 01-Feb-14 15:25:40

Look even older without slapsad. At 57 I don't feel old until I look in the mirror shock

Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:26:10

Me too Andbits.

waterlego Sat 01-Feb-14 15:26:11

I just look like myself. Me without make-up is what I look like. I've got pretty bad skin and small eyes so I'm not a natural beauty by any stretch.

Apparently we should all be wearing less make-up as we age because heavy make-up makes people look older. Since I hardly ever wear make-up, this leaves me nowhere to go really!

Marrow Sat 01-Feb-14 15:27:08

Probably and as I never wear make up I look like it all the time!

JadedAngel Sat 01-Feb-14 15:28:39

I did. Stress, years of too little sleep and advancing age have not been kind. I've been drinking a green smoothie a day and taking Eskimo 3, plus eliminating alcohol and processed food for the last month and I swear I look at least five years younger. Properly glowing skin and fine lines have disappeared.

VelvetGecko Sat 01-Feb-14 15:28:40

Yup, managed to accidentally take a close range photo of myself whilst playing with my new phone the other day and couldn't find the delete button fast enough.

TawdryTatou Sat 01-Feb-14 15:30:23

I once went into work with no makeup on.

One of my students (behavioural issues) walked into the room, took one look at me and bellowed "FUCKING HELL! Get yerself 'ome"

My colleagues were rallying round. In the end I was so embarrassed I went along with it and claimed a migraine.

People still mention it to this day, how brave I was, coming in when I was so ill.

There was fuck all wrong with me grin

I'm not bad looking with makeup, honest. Just look like shit - utter shit- without it.

Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:31:56

Jaded you have inspired me. That's the effect I'm after. All alcohol? sad

OhGoveUckYourself Sat 01-Feb-14 15:32:34

Although I am ill all of the time I am always told that I am looking well when people see me out and about because I have make-up on. I look suitably ill without it. I love wearing it, it gives me confidence and I have been called beautiful - ha ha - they should see me bare-faced! Not a pretty sight alas.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sat 01-Feb-14 15:33:09

Yeah I look pretty rough. 15 month old dd who doesn't sleep doesn't help.
I don't really care enough to wear more make up though.

Woowoowoowoo Sat 01-Feb-14 15:33:48

Tawdry that made me splutter.

Also at first I thought you meant your colleagues rallied around to find you a full face of slap grin

I look awful without makeup - pig eyes, spots, bags, red cheeks - so I always wear it. I wear it to put the bins out, I wear it when I go swimming, I even put on a full face before I set off to hospital when I was in labour with DS2.

LOL at Tawdry...

I look slab-like without, and coma like with... but thankfully where I work theya re just grateful if you turn up and couldn't care less how I look grin

I'm currently trying to leave off the hair colour and embrace my natural greying hair.. and look worse than dead!!! More sort of..rested then dug up...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now