Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Swimming pool cunts (rant)

(96 Posts)
HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 01-Feb-14 10:52:56

At our pool there are five cubicles that can accommodate more than one person at a time, of which only one can fit more than two (has a baby changing table and a baby seat thing). There is no communal changing area.

SOMEONE has used the big changing room and left their stuff all over it so nobody else can. I have complained - the lifeguard growled and said he would lurk, pounce and bollock.

Disclaimer: I may not have had enough sleep.

Joules68 Sat 01-Feb-14 10:54:07

Move their stuff to one side?

Theas18 Sat 01-Feb-14 10:55:44

Gather stuff up and up and put it outside .you can't reserve cubicles like that for the duration of your swim!

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 01-Feb-14 10:56:05

I was tempted to move it into the deep end tbh. Without taking a picture it's hard to explain how completely this family has taken over the space.

But it's just startlingly thoughtless and selfish.

CrockedPot Sat 01-Feb-14 10:57:51

Just use it, lock the door and when they get back from their swim tell them they will have to wait.

SaucyJack Sat 01-Feb-14 10:58:29

Use it anyway.

The only language cunts speak is Even Bigger Cunt.

purplemurple1 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:03:54

Use it a thoroughly soak there cloths and towels - that will learn them grin

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 01-Feb-14 11:05:59

It's lessons so short sessions. DS is now getting ready and we are in the big changing room grin shock [victory]

So handy to get a signal in the viewing area so as to be able to share one's "fumming" with like-minded persons.

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 01-Feb-14 11:07:24

We are justified because (a) there are three of us, one of whom is helpfully asleep but makes logistics complicated and (b) we will have been here for four minutes only before leaving.

LizzieVereker Sat 01-Feb-14 11:09:40

Ooooh did you see the lifeguard tell them off? Was it cringey?

heronsfly Sat 01-Feb-14 11:19:38

We have got people like this at our pool, we remove all items and leave a sign saying they can collect their belongs at reception, they have to walk through the reception area soaking wet !

Just move their stuff outside and use it. Twats.

FoonaLagoonaBaboona Sat 01-Feb-14 11:22:15

My Dh has recently started going swimming with our DS and he came home fuming about this very problem..in all the changing rooms. I told him i dont see the problem , nobody has the right to reserve a changing room by leaving their shit all over it. So i would have zero problem pushing their stuff out of my way and leisurely getting changed.

PedlarsSpanner Sat 01-Feb-14 11:22:50

yes just use the room

I've done this, and also smiled sweetly as the parents fumed dripping outside, dawdle out ushering your children, don't forget to Loud Parent as well

RhondaJean Sat 01-Feb-14 11:23:11

I'd sweep the whole lot into a locker (or two if needed), give a staff member the key and let them panic when they come back to no clothes.

Twats.

youbethemummylion Sat 01-Feb-14 11:23:34

There is no rage quite like the swimming pool changing room rage I too sm mumsnetting from the viewing area and feel your pain!

bearleftmonkeyright Sat 01-Feb-14 11:27:10

My dd left changing room in tears after she used a cubicle with stuff in as there was no other and woman told her off as it was her kids stuff in there. t was a joke at our local pool. Nobody ever used the lockers. Yanbu irritates me and is just plain wanky behavior.

bearleftmonkeyright Sat 01-Feb-14 11:28:59

If o had found the woman who had shouted at dd I would have ripped her head off. Managers crap and innefctual jobsworths. Feeling the rage!

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 01-Feb-14 11:32:59

Ooh I'd have raged. They'd have got the full force of quiet, biting sarcasm and passive-aggressive head tilt.

MissBetseyTrotwood Sat 01-Feb-14 11:34:14

This is a common practice at our pool.

I sympathise.

What a flaming cheek! I'd pile it all up and hand it in as lost property! Then if the owners turned up id deny all knowledge send them to reception.
Oh, and I'd happily make sure I trod all of their underwear accidentally into the wettest part of the floor! wink grin

ziggiestardust Sat 01-Feb-14 11:37:42

saggy is clearly the expert here <bows down to superior cattiness>, I would go with that, as well as accidentally dragging the bottoms of their trousers along the wet part so their ankles get disconcertingly chilly.

whitepuddingsupper Sat 01-Feb-14 11:39:36

I'd have just dumped it all in the corner of the floor, cheeky feckers.

OTOH, I was getting stuff out from my locker once, the only free cubicle was round the other side from my locker, it was winter so I had bag, handbag, boots, coat, scarf etc, I put most of it in the cubicle, went back to the locker for my boots, was gone all of 20s, came straight back and someone had gone in and started changing. Arse.

DameDeepRedBetty Sat 01-Feb-14 11:42:57

Oh Horatia I remember this stage, Saturday morning swimming lessons with twins. The phantom family cubicle hog would strike about half the time. The only time it escalated to being shouted at through the door as I dried them off, I posted their kit out under the door and suggested they speak to one of the staff about locker use policy.

I was so pleased when they both reached 'safe in holiday swimming pool' level and we could stop that particular torture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now