Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Have you had THE bill yet ??

(88 Posts)
NameyMcChanger Fri 31-Jan-14 21:07:43

Ours wss £320 for both gas and electriy over 3 months.......I didnt think it was too bad. ...dp otoh is marching about turning lights off and sighing.

Small, 3 bed semi btw.

looselegs Fri 31-Jan-14 21:10:46

oh I wish-mine has gone up to £330.........A MONTH!!!
We have a 3 storey 3 bed terrace......
tell dp to stop moaning...!

Allthingsprettyreturns Fri 31-Jan-14 21:11:12

Not yet. Expecting it around Monday

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Fri 31-Jan-14 21:11:56

I'm on a meter and spend roughly £40 a week on electric and that's not heating. £160 a month hmm, hate meters! Can't wait to go back to DD

HeeHiles Fri 31-Jan-14 21:13:16

I had to chase them up! BG had moved me to a cheaper deal and forgot to bill me, couldn't relax so reminded them - didn't notice it being much cheaper though - still more expensive than last year although it seems the next quarter is the worst one, hopefully spring will come early this year?

weaselwomble Fri 31-Jan-14 21:14:43

Our electric has just come through at �491! I have no fucking idea how but am dreading the heating bill now

MirandaWest Fri 31-Jan-14 21:15:50

I'm meant to get a bill every month but first utility weren't able to give me one for December hmm. Supposedly my one I'll get in February will cover December and January. I pay a fixed direct debit so am ok but I give them readings every month and it can't be that hard to give me a bill can it?

poopooheadwillyfatface Fri 31-Jan-14 21:16:33

Just had a letter to say my DD isn't changing for now, £90 a month to cover both gas and electric.

But, I am very stingy with the heating when the children aren't at home. 2 bed semi.

Mine is due this week but I stupidly put the gas reading in the electricity box and vice versa. I did a second reading immediately but what's the betting I get an outrageous bill based on the first lot?

LBOCS Fri 31-Jan-14 21:23:24

£357. I'm secretly hopping - I know full well that my SIL turns the thermostat up to 25 when I leave the house in the morning. I wouldn't mind - I don't want them to be cold - but it's like a fucking sauna in here when we get home.

My least favourite is filling the oil tank (£1300), it was well under £300 when we moved here 15 years ago!

BadztMaru Fri 31-Jan-14 21:25:55

I reckon the March bill is ther worst one, I'm being very stingy and sitting under a duvet when the kids arent at home

I worked mine out as £180 for the quarter based on readings....might be £200 with vat etc.

£160ish a month for electricity & gas. This despite being extremely careful with thermostat, shower timers etc.

Last winter DH became obsessed with insulation. This winter it's draught (draft?) exclusion.

JewelFairies Fri 31-Jan-14 21:30:00

We've got 110 a month for both gas and electricity and tend to be in credit (which annoys me because they try to put the dd up every year based on fictional estimates despite us providing actual readings). I guess better than a surprise quarterly bill.

It's a big house, but I keep the thermostat at 16 when it's just me in the house, and 14 at night.

LBOCS

You can get remote operated thermostats, they work by email/text message. You can switch off remotely then.

Not expensive either wink

<evil>

IamInvisible Fri 31-Jan-14 21:35:01

I've just looked at ours and we're £357 in credit with the electric and £108 in debit with the gas.

We used £309 of electric between May and November and £289 of Gas. I am a bit confused at the figures because we pay £89 in gas and £109 in electric a month. I don't feel well tonight so may not be reading it right, but when I feel better in a couple of days I shall be going through with a fine tooth comb.

We live in a large, old, draughty 3 bed detached

Bloodyteenagers Fri 31-Jan-14 21:38:57

If you are with BG question them.
I had a bill from them for my gas. For the past quarter of nearly £300. Phoned them up, and waited, and waited for someone to finally answer. A simple phone call took nearly a day, and in the end my supplier are sorting it out. Well trying.
But I digress. I eventually spoke to several people that yes this was correct.
The thing that none of them can understand is I am not their customer. I have not been there customer for the best part of 8 years. I got fed up of being over charged by them initially and moved. After moving my gas bill dropped by over £15 a week, despite still being on a meter.
They are adamant that I am now their customer, and this is what my bill is based on an actual reading.
Not sure how they are working this out because I am not their customer. They have sent no one to read my meter. And I am on a prepay meter.

So yes I have had THE BILL. Just not going to bloody pay the thing and before I got onto my supplier I adviced BG to take me to court then and get me cut off... In a way, I am hoping they will do this. OK I will have to take time off work, but will be worth it to watch the idiot they send squirm.

chipshop Fri 31-Jan-14 21:42:13

Ours was £800. I like a cold house but DP isn't happy unless it's tropical. hmm

IamInvisible Fri 31-Jan-14 21:44:01

No I'm not with BG, but I shall go through it and will question them. I don't take things lying down!

clio51 Fri 31-Jan-14 21:53:38

We live in 3 bed detached, we have heating 20 from 6am till 10.30pm
Our gas was £331 and elec was £164

Daisypops Fri 31-Jan-14 21:55:09

£600 for 3 and a half months shock

Oldraver Fri 31-Jan-14 21:56:14

Thism time last year we had a 4 month gas bill og £668 ish ....I'm hoping it wont be so bad this year

thoroughlymodernmillie Fri 31-Jan-14 21:59:47

I update mine online every month so I don't have a heart attack when the bill comes in. We used £180 worth of gas and elec in January. We have a 5 bed semi. I only pay £137 a month so hope the summer months are tropical so go back into credit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now