Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Please help me! I have to get over this crush!

(55 Posts)
IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 17:51:09

Ok, I have name change. It should become apparent why.

I have a huge, massive, gut clenching crush on a school dad. I'm married (very happily) with three dcs and I do not want to fuck up my life or theirs.

I can't avoid this dad as I have to pick the dcs up. We've only spoken a handful of times but he is so unbelievably fuckable. The worst thing is that I know he is aware of me too.

I know nothing would or could ever, ever happen as it would fuck up two families. I don't want anything to ever happen!!

But how can I get over the heat and chemistry that takes over me whenever I see him. It's bloody torture and I want it to stop. How can I? What do I do?

I wish I could just have him and nobody ever found out. Then I'd get over it!

Please help me. I'm 37 not 14. There's no excuse.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 31-Jan-14 17:53:40

Don't 'do'anything.

It'll wear off as these things seem to.

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 17:58:24

God I hope so. It's bloody torture. I can't wait for it to go away.

He looks at me in a way that makes me wobbly.

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:03:46

I have got it bad though.

Half of me started this thread so I could talk about how gorgeous he is. [shame]

plantsitter Fri 31-Jan-14 18:09:56

Think of him on the shitter with his trousers round his ankles, leaving the kid of stench only a man can.

That kind of thing helps.

PoloMintCity Fri 31-Jan-14 18:11:43

What plant said!

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Fri 31-Jan-14 18:13:02

Reality is never like the fantasy. He will act a nob and pick his nose just like every other man grin

I have a crush on a bus driver. I don't see him often but when I do I turn into a mess. He is gorgeous though

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:15:18

grin

Thing is I have it so bad I only got as far as trousers round his ankles and then was thinking about easy access!! grinblush

God I need to get a grip. This is rediculous!!!

rabbitlady Fri 31-Jan-14 18:16:55

it will wear off, it always does.
at 56, I'm waiting for my interest in a similarly-aged chap to wear off. its taking a while.

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:28:47

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

And I know he's probably an idiot with loads of bad habits but I don't want an affair with him. He wouldn't even have to speak! I just want a good seeing to. Aaaaarrrrgghhh.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck!! (Sorry)

FunkyBoldRibena Fri 31-Jan-14 18:29:50

Imagine him with toilet paper stuck in his foreskin. That usually works. HTH.

UnexpectedlySingle Fri 31-Jan-14 18:29:53

Are you sure he is "aware of you"??

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:32:39

Totally aware!!

He moves to stand near me then just looks smoulders constantly. If I catch his eye, and I do try not to, he flashes me an amazing smile.

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:33:30

Liking the toilet paper on the foreskin. Funny!

hiddenhome Fri 31-Jan-14 18:33:56

Imagine him sitting on the couch farting after eating a huge curry and expecting you to clean up the mess grin

UnexpectedlySingle Fri 31-Jan-14 18:34:01

Then ffs don't do anything, you'll fuck up both your lives. flirting is lovely but please leave it there...

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Fri 31-Jan-14 18:35:18

He sounds like a player.

UnexpectedlySingle Fri 31-Jan-14 18:35:39

agreed lumpy

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:36:47

I'm not even flirting!! I want it to go away. Seriously it's shit! Just need to convince my body to stop having a physical reaction.

UnexpectedlySingle Fri 31-Jan-14 18:37:46

only because you said "I just want a good seeing to. Aaaaarrrrgghhh"

Apparently we are attracted to different men depending on where we are in our cycle: nice men
During period and naughty men when ovulating. Give it a couple of weeks and you might feel differently. I have felt quite a few crushes come on recently but my body is keen for another baby so that might be part of it!

SavoyCabbage Fri 31-Jan-14 18:41:15

I can't think of anything less attractive than a married man moving so he can stand next to me and smoulder whilst he is picking up his children.

What an utter twat. That's what I would be thinking.

IAmSuchAnIdiot Fri 31-Jan-14 18:41:39

Only in my imagination. I would actually in all seriousness never do anything. I'm not that kind of person. I just hate/love this physical reaction iyswim?

UnexpectedlySingle Fri 31-Jan-14 18:42:03

As I said on another thread, I'm wondering if its a hormonal thing. Women get a big rush of hormones in their late 30s/early 40s - the biological last chance to further the species I guess - after a bit it settles down. I think it's the reason behind some break-ups. I read a book about it. And have personal experience blush

Bowlersarm Fri 31-Jan-14 18:42:19

You need to be a grown up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now