Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Where do you put your straighteners?

(39 Posts)
EternallyJuggling Fri 31-Jan-14 16:53:17

Once you've finished with them?

I've just dug out my old straightners and (having moved since I got them) am struggling to know where to put them when they are cooling down.

What do you do?

nipersvest Fri 31-Jan-14 16:54:27

they sit on my bedside drawers on a pad that came with them to protect the surface.

EternallyJuggling Fri 31-Jan-14 16:56:05

Ah, mine are about 9 years old so don't have such a thing.

I don't even know how hot they get tbh!

Dfg15 Fri 31-Jan-14 16:56:27

The same - on a heatproof pad on my bedside table

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 31-Jan-14 16:57:44
Orangeanddemons Fri 31-Jan-14 16:58:45

On the floorgrin

Juno77 Fri 31-Jan-14 16:59:00

Get one of these and then you can keep them in it when travelling, and use the mat when at home.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Fri 31-Jan-14 16:59:43

I don't know as I don't have any. However, I know the answer isn't to put them on the duvet. There was a house fire recently - thankfully not too bad - when a teenage girl put hers on her bed, went off to school in the car. When her mum got home, the house was filling with smoke ....

yes mine came with a mat too, and i put them on it on the bathroom counter and unplug them.

mine get fecking roasting and i have the burns to prove it

EternallyJuggling Fri 31-Jan-14 17:05:47

Never on the bed! shock

I think I need a new pair tbh - they only seem to do one temperature now hmm

They're also quite wide plates so I can't get into the roots. May treat myself!

Any non-ghd budget suggestions?

Read this as my teen DD has straighteners. I have my hair done at Toni and Guy and they said, if not buying their brand, or other top brands, you'd do worse than Babyliss, they seem to do the job well...

Mrswellyboot Fri 31-Jan-14 17:15:30

I have a heat proof mat that came with a set of saucepans.

I got this for Christmas and store them in once cooled

www.lakeland.co.uk/23961/The-Style-Station

PeterParkerSays Fri 31-Jan-14 17:18:14

Mine go on a folded up pair of oven gloves on my dressing table

Damnautocorrect Fri 31-Jan-14 17:21:16

Lakeland do a few solutions. Sorry if they are already linked

deepestpurple Fri 31-Jan-14 17:23:58

Mine are babylis, I borrowed my friends ghds before I bought mine. I'm not sure what the extra cost is about because the end result is the same!
I put them in a heatproof pouch similar to the above link, you can put them in whilst still hot.

TheDrugsWorkABitTooWellThanks Fri 31-Jan-14 17:27:24

I have a wall mounted heatproof holder. Next to a similar wall mounted holder for my hairdryer. It only took DH 9 years to install it. Must learn how to hang things on honest crappy new build walls. I know how to drill brick. Fake walls perplex me

MinesAPintOfTea Fri 31-Jan-14 17:31:47

I have "cup hooks" on the side if my chest of drawers. My straighteners and hair dryer both hang from those by their loops.

Steben Fri 31-Jan-14 17:34:51

Mine have a very useful canister thing which you pop on top and then they can be put anywhere as no hot plates touching anything. They are ghds. Particularly useful when packing to go away as well as can just sling in case without having to wait for cool down

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Fri 31-Jan-14 17:38:37

I have a heatproof mat that zips up in to a pouch so they go on that. Was about three quid instead of the twenty the ghd version would have cost.

WeAllHaveWings Fri 31-Jan-14 17:39:53

I put mine on my ironing board which is permantly up in my bedroom

WitchWay Fri 31-Jan-14 17:41:09

I used mine about twice & gave them to a friend - couldn't be bothered with them - no idea where she puts them!

EternallyJuggling Fri 31-Jan-14 17:53:18

Just been googling and my local Argos has Babyliss straightners in for half price - and they're the same price as Amazon so I've reserved them. They come with a pouchy-mat thingy so I'm sorted.

Means I don't have to stress about MIL's windowsills when I'm down in the summer too!

Thanks all!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 31-Jan-14 17:55:53

Over the radiator.

Heatproof mat here too.

And yes go babyliss. I've had lots if brands over the years and these are excellent IMO.

PrincessWellington Fri 31-Jan-14 18:05:12

Glass kitchen counter topper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now