Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Game of thrones thread - survivors?

(73 Posts)
extremepie Thu 30-Jan-14 21:55:01

Just curious, who (if anyone) do you think will survive till the end of game of thrones, or who do you hope will survive?
Personally I really hope:
Tyrion
Arya
Jamie
Daenarys
Brianne (actually I hope that Jamie and brianne end up together :D)
Jon Snow
all survive. No idea if they will or not but I hope they do!
Thoughts?

Oooooh <rubs hands> I love a good got thread.
Just typed out a huge post then deleted it, have you read the books ? Or is this based on the tv show ?

Not being snotty about it, just don't want to spoil things for you or others.

thenewqueen Thu 30-Jan-14 22:00:44

I hope Jon (although not looking likely!) Arya, Bran and Tyrion survive. And Sansa. I don't like Daenerys.

Puttheshelvesup Thu 30-Jan-14 22:01:03

Don't even think about it! You'll jinx it and ALL your favourite characters will end up the victim of some hideously brutal death. No one is safe!

I have gone off Dany too tbh, loved her in the first 3 books. She annoyed me in added, but then so did Tyrion.

Adwd not added.

IneedAwittierNickname Thu 30-Jan-14 22:03:58

Arya, sansa, daenerys, Jon, Jamie, Tyrion,

Umm, I can't entirely remember who was still alive at the end of the last series blush

thenewqueen Thu 30-Jan-14 22:04:29

I just get fed up of all the 'I am the mother of dragons' bleating. Yawn, lol.

In a strange way I actually like Cersei and hope she survives too.

Yes, she is so entitled, and her head is firmly in the sand when it comes to "the usurpers and his dogs"

Thurlow Thu 30-Jan-14 22:11:37

Jon. Maybe Dany. But that's.about it - I reckon Jaime and Tyrion might end up sacrificing themselves or dying right at the end.

Just don't read the latest book...

I think Dany will die in childbirth at the end after defeating the others, not too sure about other people.
As long as Stan Stan gets his rightful place on the iron throne.

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Thu 30-Jan-14 22:14:13

If he kills Tyrrion off I will stop watching/ reading.

thenewqueen Thu 30-Jan-14 22:29:00

Can't wait to see what will happen to Arya, Sansa and Bran. The focus always seems to be on Jon or Dany but I'm kind of more interested in the remaining Stark children.... I think Sansa is underrated as a character, she's not like Arya but has her own strengths

Bearfrills Thu 30-Jan-14 22:30:48

grin

Sheldonswhiteboard Thu 30-Jan-14 22:35:12

just hoping the author survives to write the ending!

Bearfrills Thu 30-Jan-14 22:36:36

Maybe we should all club together to send him vitamins/fruit/veg, etc to keep him healthy?

OMG have I missed something, is it on again or has he finally got round to the last book?!? <super hopeful>

ChrisMooseMickey Thu 30-Jan-14 22:39:40

I really want Arya to survive. I love her.

I lurk on a asoiaf forum,apparently his British publisher tweeted that TWOW won't be ready for quite some time sad I was hoping this would be the year.
Has anyone read the dunk and egg graphic novels ?

ProfessorDoredumble Thu 30-Jan-14 22:43:02

YY to all the above, also Ygritte - me and DH spend evenings impersonating her lovely accent and how she says Jon Snoooow.

OTH I hope Walder Frey meets a sticky end, and Joffrey for that matter- little twerp.

Bearfrills Thu 30-Jan-14 22:46:14

<bites tongue> Must. Not. Accidentally. Post. Spoilers.

I was hoping for Winds of Winter to be published this year too, wish he'd write faster!

New series starts on Sky on 7th April (if I've remembered it right), think it's based on the second half of Storm of Swords.

Sweetart Thu 30-Jan-14 22:46:52

Ooh.Arya and Tyrion...maybe together smile

Sheldonswhiteboard Thu 30-Jan-14 22:46:55

He has apparently told the GoT writers the rough outline, so I guess if he doesn't make it we'll have to rely on them.

Bran - feel sorry for him but his chapters bore the tits off me, so I hope he isn't a POV in future books but survives.
Ayra - love her but feel she won't survive
Sansa - think she will survive and become a player
Jon - survives as R+L=J
Rickon - who knows!
Tyrion - much more pleasant character in show than books, but I think he will survive
Dany - I think she is mad, won't survive
Cersei - dead, shame as she is rather entertaining
Jaime - like him to survive, don't think he will though
Brienne - ditto
Littlefinger- out the moon door with you, reckon Sansa will do for him
Stannis - too boring to survive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now