Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Enough Already

(1000 Posts)
THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:08:56

Just to set the record straight on a few things.

Yes I have just read that other thread.

No, I did not know that Foots was TDWP.
I may be a long-term poster but I was never ever involved in the TDWP saga, I never knew of the poster or the name and had no idea what anyone was talking about. I am NOT that regular on Mumsnet and haven't been for years now.

I did NOT encourage zombie to go on a rescue mission. I was actually at my dd's parent's evening when that happened.

Yes we DID get the police involved. None of us knew who Foots was but we did confirm that she was genuine, the police were involved, there was a case number, it all seemed legit and above board and zombie also took lots of precautions.

I am naffed off that some people are blaming us for doing what we thought was a good thing. No-one was in any danger. The police were aware of what was going on. Zombie did a good thing.

Yes it was badly managed and no, it shouldn't have been played out on Mumnset but many of you wanted to know if zombie was ok, so if the thread had been pulled many posters would have been outraged.

So get your bloody facts right before you go spouting off. We tried to do what we thought was right. I still think we did the right thing and I know that poster has problems, but she's in a much better place now with people who can help. She WAS in a domestic violence situation and she's not anymore.

Yet that's not good enough for some people?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jan-14 11:14:53

So she was her?

Where is there a thread?

Sparklingbrook Thu 30-Jan-14 11:16:10

I don't know who TDWP is either.

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:17:20

I have been told about a thread that I won't link to. Which states that Foots is TDWP, that I met TDWP, that I knew her all along and then I sent zombie to meet her.

Bollocks!

Where the fuck do they get this shite from?

I am beyond furious now with the accusations and fucking fed up that a good thing can be clawed apart by so many.

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:18:44

TheDevilWearsPrimark apparently.

I don't know, I was never involved. Some posters say they met her. I never did. I hardly go to mumsnet meet-ups. I don't think I have ever been on a single thread of TDWP's. It all went over my head.

Sparklingbrook Thu 30-Jan-14 11:19:28

No, that name doesn't mean anything to me either.

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:23:41

No sparkling and you're a long-term poster too aren't you? But because I am a long-term poster apparently I not only know of all these trolls but have met them too.

And what happened a week ago today on Mumsnet was apparently the work of a troll who wasn't in genuine need. And apparently according to MadameDeFarge I sent zombie and put her life in danger.

Oh the gossip that must have been doing the rounds all week!

MirandaWest Thu 30-Jan-14 11:24:10

She used to post on here what feels like no time ago but I guess was a few years ago.

PedlarsSpanner Thu 30-Jan-14 11:24:27

Who is the "we" you refer to though,THE Rhubarb? Can you see how it looks like a really dodgy affair with posters (plural) orchestrating.

Sparklingbrook Thu 30-Jan-14 11:25:05

I do have a lot of topics hidden. Relationships for a start so stuff does pass me by....

Maryz Thu 30-Jan-14 11:27:10
THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:27:21

Sorry my OP says I did not know that Foots was TDWP, that should read "I don't know if Foots is TDWP" because I don't.

Since I don't know who TDWP is.

But I do know that the OP last week was in genuine need and I got "prissy" about my name being mentioned because I was worried about someone looking me up on Mumsnet as being involved and hassling me in real life.

Mintyy Thu 30-Jan-14 11:27:26

Perhaps they assumed you knew her because you offered her the use of your house, and that just seems like an utterly unlikely (let alone foolhardy) thing to do for someone you don't know?

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:29:08

MaryZ from 2008? You expect me to remember every poster that I answer or help?

If I have been on one of her threads then I didn't make a mental note of it and the whole reveal of her as a troll passed me by. I don't have a spreadsheet of posters you know.

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:29:58

Mintyy yes probably was foolhardy but there you go. I saw someone who needed help and offered to help. So shoot me.

Maryz Thu 30-Jan-14 11:30:59

Disingenuous, much?

You will be saying you never heard of Mitmoo next.

Just admit you made a mistake, apologise. Stop pretending you did nothing wrong.

THERhubarb Thu 30-Jan-14 11:33:08

Maryz you don't like me, that much is clear.

Is it a mistake to help someone who needed it? By 'we' I mean the other 2 posters who also helped.

Yes I have heard of Mitmoo, but believe it or not, again I have no idea of her/his reputation. I don't keep tabs on posters.

Why can't YOU just accept that not everyone knows of TDWP or her reputation or particularly cares that much? I don't go troll hunting.

Maryz Thu 30-Jan-14 11:34:18

You didn't help.

You sent someone else to help, and then had a hissy fit about it all.

You majorly fucked up, you should at least have the grace to admit it.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jan-14 11:34:47

Rhubarb if you had shown any concern last week rather than just saying 'I've been on Mumsnet for 10 years I know what I'm doing' then people wouldn't be so het up about all this.

You behaved as if the normal rules of staying safe didn't apply, because you had decided that they wouldn't due to your amazing judgement.

The fact that you can't see that is very bizarre.

Viviennemary Thu 30-Jan-14 11:36:25

If people want to get involved with a poster in real life then that's up to them. However ill advised people might think this is. But why do it with such a fanfare of publicity.

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 30-Jan-14 11:41:03

If the police were involved you didn't need to be.
You vouched for the poster on the thread and then encouraged Zombie to go.
That is, if nothing else, downright stupid and dangerous.
Especially encouraging Zombie when you just stood in the background in no danger yourself.
If you didn't 'know' the poster, why did you vouch for her?

FloweryFeatureWall Thu 30-Jan-14 11:42:34

Yes, I remember the vouching. Either you didn't know who TDWP was and lied when you vouched for knowing her or you did know who she was and lied when you vouched for her being okay.

MmeLindor Thu 30-Jan-14 11:43:27

Rhubarb
I don't think this is helping. Take a break from MN for a little bit, and come back later.

We've both been on here a while, and I can certainly remember who TDWP is, and how she turns up occasionally to stir things up again. You must know that any situation where she is involved is going to end up in a multiple-bunfight. I'd walk away, if I were you.

nilbyname Thu 30-Jan-14 11:51:21

Hold up hold up!

Tdwp was or was not foots?

I think zombie was fully aware of the risks and came to the decision to get invoked. I don't think saying rhubs egged anyone on.

Rhubs. I know you're a regular mn, and I still think that thread whipped itself into a hysterical frenzy.

Perhaps we all need to let it go?

Anyway the op was genuine??

This thread is not accepting new messages.