Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Stupid reasons I have cried

(142 Posts)

Just having one of those silly beat yourself up moments over something totally ridiculous, so to cheer myself up I thought I'd start a thread. Maybe you can all laugh at me and make me feel better, maybe we can all laugh at ourselves a little bit smile

So my reason for getting upset was... drumroll... I don't watch enough TV, and therefore can't keep up with DH who watches loads. confused

A week before my wedding, I also cried because DH and DS went for haircuts and came back looking like their normal selves confused For some reason I was expecting us to all look like some film or TV worthy family when, in fact, we are just a fairly average looking family!

Humour me - what have you cried about (pregnancy hormone related especially!) which is actually such a non issue that you can't explain it?

SidandAndyssextoy Sat 25-Jan-14 21:07:27

I cried when pregnant when the Lib Dems voted for something they wouldn't normally have done (can't remember now what on earth it was) and I thought how sad some of them must have felt!

Lol Outraged I always get more tearful and emotional when not pregnant too, not sure why. If I start feeling all stiff upper lip I'll worry!

6tantrumsaday Sat 25-Jan-14 21:10:36

When I was pregnant with DD I sobbed for ages because DSS said I wasn't as good as his mum at making lunch (I had put one slice of ham on a sandwich instead of two) I just couldn't stop.

Whilst pregnant with DS I cried over everything which was really unlike me. I cried because a man took my car parking space in Tesco even though there were other spaces a bit further away.
I cried because the dog fell over (he was fine he just tripped)
I cried in pizza hut because they didn't have the dessert DH wanted.

And I cried on my neighbour because she offered me some homemade cake (she was very nice about bless her)

Rhubarbgarden Sat 25-Jan-14 21:13:13

I knew I was pregnant when I burst into tears because I saw a bride having her photo taken in a local park.

Last Sunday (not pregnant) I was killing time in the children's department in Waterstones and started reading The Giving Tree. Dh found me with tears streaming down my face.

I tried to distract myself by taking the piss out of a book called The Abandoned Kitten in the older kids section, started reading it - and - dh had to remove the book from my trembling hands hissing "get a grip, woman!"

I've cried twice so far tonight. Earlier while watching Nanny Mother and the big bang with the dc's. And bout 5 mins ago when ds1 showed me pizza he's just cooked have no idea why it's not first time he's done it !

Lottiedoubtie Sat 25-Jan-14 21:20:10

I cried yesterday because an 18 yr old at work was rude to me. Sobbed, for about 2 hours. Fortunately not in front of said 18 year old.

Stupid thing is where I work an 18 year old is rude to me approx. every 2 days, never had this reaction before.

Bloody pregnancy!

Ememem84 Sat 25-Jan-14 21:27:43

Cried at dinner once because I was feeling full of cold and dh (then dbf) had made me mash. And it looked so beautiful.

LittleBabyPigsus Sat 25-Jan-14 21:27:51

I cried at hearing a song about Pokemon hmm

Izzy09 Sat 25-Jan-14 21:29:12

I cried today because we had a nice day at the beach.Took a few photos on my phone.Put one on Facebook which upset my daughter cos she said she looked ugly.Family meal planned for on the way home,but both too upset as I should not have posted it on facebook and she was upset because I had and husband blames me for spoiling the day.Btw it was a nice photo.Hiding upstairs now cos I feel like s***e

manaboutthemaison Sat 25-Jan-14 21:29:33

I cried because Elton John's Daniel came on the radio and I realised i missed my best friend Daniel who was killed in a car crash four years previously....... I was a bloke in my mid forties dammit !!

I cried (for several days) when the horse Desert Orchid died, I was distraught! I'm not even into horses or racing, though was pregnant!

Izzy09 Sat 25-Jan-14 21:38:28

Now I feel even more rubbish.Hope u r ok
Manaboutthemaison

CugglesandTisses Sat 25-Jan-14 21:40:06

A couple of weeks after DS was born I was watching the Simpsons episode where there is a meteor coming to hit the earth and there is not enough space in the shelter, so Ned Flanders gets out and walks off singing Que Sera Sera ....

I had to turn the telly over in the end as I absolutely went to pieces blush

RabbitPies Sat 25-Jan-14 21:40:20

Because the horses on the "All The Queen's Horses" show were so beautiful. blush Not pregnant either.

Adeleh Sat 25-Jan-14 21:43:02

When I was 36 I cried because the icing on my coffee cake went wrong.

MartyrStewart Sat 25-Jan-14 21:45:00

Every time I watch figure skating confused blush

Firsttimemum2012 Sat 25-Jan-14 21:49:08

When the photocopier at work didn't print my page. I was 7.5 months pregnant, exhausted and the thought of having to go all the way back to my desk and back again to the photocopier was too much to contemplate.

MavisGrind Sat 25-Jan-14 21:52:09

I always cry when there is the remotest mention of WW1. This is not going to be a dry year.

Oh, and MartyrStewart I always cry at figure skating. What the fuck is that all about?? <hums theme to Bolero. Weeps anew>

LittleBipper Sat 25-Jan-14 21:53:05

That Ford advert from a few years ago where the birds couldn't fly and they had to go about on skateboards and ride escalators and someone was whistling Under Parisian Skies. Wasn't pregnant but I think it was period related!

RabbitPies Sat 25-Jan-14 21:55:28

The Black Beauty theme has me in tears every time.
Ps I don't only cry over horses.

I regularly cry when listening to Beethoven,because of the beauty of his music.

LittleBabyPigsus Sat 25-Jan-14 21:58:29

Mavis yy WWI makes me so teary.

Also Black Beauty, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, pretty much every Victorian/old fashioned kids' book and their adaptations hmm

I also cry at The Railway Children and Little Women when Beth dies but that is vvv reasonable.

RabbitPies Sat 25-Jan-14 22:00:17

I know this gets a few Mumsnetters. People dancing together in groups,like flash mobs,particularly if people are shown dancing in various countries.

Coumarin Sat 25-Jan-14 22:00:45

I cried at the Olympics opening ceremony. I think I salutes at one point hmm

I'm not usually patriotic but I was so proud. blush

ToriaPumpkin Sat 25-Jan-14 22:01:50

Rhubarbgarden we have the Hachette Disney books that come once a month. DS wanted Dumbo the other day so I settled down with him and started reading.

I got to the part where his mother was taken away and had to start skipping chunks of text before I burst into tears and traumatised my poor 2yo.

I'm six months pregnant but also a bit of a sap!

katrina81 Sat 25-Jan-14 22:02:44

I'm like this with children's books, I read the night before christmas on christmas eve with tears down my face to my two girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now