Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

when there is nothing on the telly I can never think what to do in the evenning.

(40 Posts)

I realise this is unimaginative and a bit pathetic really. I like crocheting but not in the eveing as I dont like to have the big light on. We try to do all the jobs that need doing before 8 so we can relax but if there is nothing on we end up being a bit aggitated. So what does everyone do in the evening apart from telly?

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 23-Jan-14 16:31:53

By the time children are in bed there's an hour for telly. If nothing on I have a bath and go to bed with my book.

Chopsypie Thu 23-Jan-14 16:33:21

Pinterest. It's taken over all my free time!

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Thu 23-Jan-14 16:34:16

Read, mums net, list on ebay, discuss the day with dp, facebook, most importantly drink wine grin

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Thu 23-Jan-14 16:35:13

play with the laser pen with my cats, that takes up hours of time and is so much fun!

dont have the lap top on in the evening as years ago when I first discovered mumsnet it kind of took over my life, so day time only now. Never mastered ebay. always manage to drink wine dont worry about that.

complexnumber Thu 23-Jan-14 16:36:56

Gin is your answer. (Assuming that has not been tried too many times before)

snice Thu 23-Jan-14 16:37:02

Read, watch something on iPlayer, MN, computer.

sewingandcakes Thu 23-Jan-14 16:38:31

Read, crochet, quilt, cross stitch; I wish I had more spare time!

sewing can you crochet without the big light on? I struggle, keep getting tangled up.

Acinonyx Thu 23-Jan-14 16:39:48

Can you record programmes so you always have something you want to watch? That's what I tend to do. I like to watch something at 9 most days. Otherwise read, listen to music on my headphones so no-one can berate my musical taste, waste yet more time on the internet, or work if I'm on a tight deadline.

Read (kindle), crochet, quilting/patchwork (hand or machine)

crypes Thu 23-Jan-14 16:42:32

Watch episodes back to back of Breaking Bad, this usually gives me the incentive to start some cooking .

Noregretsatall Thu 23-Jan-14 16:48:18

Er....candy crush I'm ashamed to say!

thegreylady Thu 23-Jan-14 16:51:16

Scrabble, read,crosswords, mumsnet or just chat with dh.

mostlyharmless Thu 23-Jan-14 16:53:15

cooking crypes?

WaitingForMe Thu 23-Jan-14 16:56:25

You need a nice hobby to do with your DH. Like bondage wink

waiting for me, that sounds a bit energetic.

complexnumber Thu 23-Jan-14 16:59:06

waiting for me, that sounds a bit energetic.

I imagine if you are the one being bound, you do not have to do very much at all.

(Not speaking from experience!)

ExcuseTypos Thu 23-Jan-14 17:00:51

I do cross stitch.

I don't have a big light at all in the sitting room- just wall lights and lamps. You can do things like that with a lamp.

I really enjoy it and am just making my PIL a Golden Wedding anniversary card. I know they'll love it.
I also make cards for my DDs and DH, birthdays/xmas. They've come to expect them now so can't stop!

baies74 Thu 23-Jan-14 17:01:13

Telly is terrible at the moment, just repeats and trash. I was ill over Christmas and permanently stationed on the sofa but there was nothing to watch!

DH and I do crosswords together, or play chess. We also read to each other, like it's the 1930s. Or we have "an early night".

ExcuseTypos Thu 23-Jan-14 17:02:02

X postedgrin bondage sounds much better fun than cross stitch. Mind you it would get boring after a night or two.

so my options are bondage or weird 1930's stuff wink

IWantToSCRRREAM Thu 23-Jan-14 17:05:14

Box sets? DVD? Read a book? Take up a new hobby? Is there anything you're interested in?

HelpTheSnailsAreComingToGetMe Thu 23-Jan-14 17:05:29

Get a games console and a racing game, grab a controller each and ram each other off the track for an hour or two? Very therapeutic grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now