Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Have you ever had an argument/disagreemen t on Facebook?

(103 Posts)
Justholdthesmile Thu 23-Jan-14 16:02:04

So a friend posted a family photo, the recent ex wife commented on the photo with quite a horrible and goady comment - bringing up the fact she wasn't in the photo and talking about being accused of having an affair.

My friend responded with its none of her (my friends) business and that this person shouldn't put her personal life all over fb.

I probably could have easily had a few arguments but haven't and I have never aired my dirty laundry. I've been through a bad break up, losing friendships etc but you'd never know by looking at my fb.

How you ever had an argument/disagreement or aired your dirty laundry on Facebook?

KatoPotato Thu 23-Jan-14 16:56:04

I think she replaced grapes with maltesers after hers turned one anyway! <ooooohhh>

'It must of been well written coz I don't read books and I read all of it.'
'I do read books. That's how I know it was badly written.'
'Oooo miaow.'

confused

Disclaimer - I'm not a literary snob. I still like Sweet Valley High.

KatoPotato Thu 23-Jan-14 16:58:51

Oh I LOVE Sweet VH! I'm trying to track down the series about the imposter who kidnapped Elizabeth or something!

MinionDave Thu 23-Jan-14 17:00:37

I've only recently stopped cutting up grapes and my dc are 7 and 8!

I freely admit to being a bit neurotic though smile

I once had an argument with a friend of a friend on a post about breast feeding. She wanted formula banned because it was the root of all evil or something. I just told her that was a load of tosh (and I bf my dd for 11 months)

RedlipsAndSlippers Thu 23-Jan-14 17:01:02

Had a little row with an old friend over breastfeeding. He said it shouldn't be done in public unless the woman is completely hidden from view. Apparently all those pictures of women with their boobs out that he 'likes' on fb are completely acceptable though...

NinjaBunny Thu 23-Jan-14 17:05:56

Apparently all those pictures of women with their boobs out that he 'likes' on fb are completely acceptable though...

DP has a friend who is utterly against gay relationships.

We both think he's in the closet.

Pictures of naked women DTD is fine though.

hmm

ProfessorDoredumble Thu 23-Jan-14 17:07:20

If It looks likely I'll have a spat on Facebook I'll just delete the person instead. It explains why I only have 20ish friends on there. I also have selection criteria to accepting people.

The worst are the idiots sharing racist, disabilist, sexist or attachment parent passive aggressive shite. I've deleted a lot of people for sharing crap like that.

KatoPotato Thu 23-Jan-14 17:07:34

I have to bite my virtual lip a lot on Facebook. The one doing the rounds just now are 'personally tests' - Doris is most like Princess Jasmine!

Hate to break it to you, but when the Disney character team were having their first table top meetings, they didn't have you in mind sweetheart!

Same with these 'men love curves' in white text over Kelly Brook. That as may be, but you look nowt like that!

ProfessorDoredumble Thu 23-Jan-14 17:10:08

Kato since that Disney personality thing came out I've deleted 3 people that way!

chandlery Thu 23-Jan-14 17:14:07

I'm on a sports related fbook group and lots of pa between GROWN MEN and their wags, very amusing, one had a pop at my DH once, I just "liked" the comment and left it.

I figured that would baffle them more than engaging with them.

fluterby Thu 23-Jan-14 17:17:31

I have a distant family member who regularly posts in a derogatory way about those on benefits. The thing is she was on benefits fior years. I'm so tempted to say what a short memory you have. But I don't. I think it would be a bit mean. You do see some utter tripe on fb.

KatoPotato Thu 23-Jan-14 17:17:55

professor I like your style. I think I need to crack down on Facebook numpties!

carlajean Thu 23-Jan-14 17:20:24

There's one of those postcard type things that's come up twice saying 'why is there still animal testing when there are pedophiles (their spelling) in prison'. Each time I post about how offensive that is, because if you don't challenge that kind of thing people think it's ok. I think those friends de-friended me.
Also blocked a friend who's always putting up pictures of small children with 'like if you hate child abuse'.

LaQueenOfTheNewYear Thu 23-Jan-14 17:23:59

No. But, then that's probably because I'm not 14 anymore...

KatoPotato Thu 23-Jan-14 17:27:19

carlatodays deletion for me was a faux oil painting of what to me actually looked like naked young boys, having their genitals mauled by rats. It said 'this should be the punishment for child rapists'

Just hideous, and honestly don't know where the image came from but was really horrid and weird!

CoffeeBucks Thu 23-Jan-14 17:29:48

Barely even a tiff, but the closest I've had is when my cousin's wife shared a status about illegal immigrants who claim thousands in benefits. I know she knows better than that so I called her out for being a bigoted fool. We discussed it in person a few weeks later, quite heatedly. That was it!

Carla that spelling is correct it's just US English.

IneedAwittierNickname Thu 23-Jan-14 17:33:07

I've had a few heated debates, more genral stuff than 'airing my dirty laundry' though

and I did the Disney quiz. Seemed like a bit of fun to me

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Thu 23-Jan-14 17:35:56

I have! A full on argument with bio dads daughters where they said I wasn't a good mum, their dad made sure my son was looked after and I was too young at 19

They soon got told some home truths about their darling father.

everlong Thu 23-Jan-14 17:43:20

No.

I could have, quite a few times but it's not worth it.

Catsmamma Thu 23-Jan-14 17:45:22

I can't say I have had any full blown rows, but I will tell some one off for unneccessary rudeness

Slow cooker group I visit can be a right hot bed of self professed Goodmums who like to post nonsense about pork worms and exploding Epic Pork

And on a new group for night photography some guy claimed it was impossible for a photo I posted to have been of the aurora in January because there hadn't been any.....the phot was of aurora in October, so he got a rtft dressing down. :D

I am 47 and and a bit bossy....what can I say? Also....my rowing is mostly in groups, my actual friends list is pretty agreeable on the whole :D

SumBex Thu 23-Jan-14 17:46:12

I sort of have, but unwillingly.

My SIL would often post PA status updates aimed at me. Then it escalated and another relative on my H's side joined in. They would tag each other in those drawing things that said stuff like 'the best friendships are based on the mutual hatred of someone' with comments like 'who are we talking about here? Snigger snigger. They would do this daily, sometimes several times a day.

It went on for months and months and I never bit until one day I called one of them out on it. I maintained my decorum and basically made them look like fools grin. SIL then went crying to other SIL saying she was so upset about it all hmm. Why start it then?

I haven't spoken to them since and deleted both. These were grown women clearly not above using school girl bullying tactics hmm.

Never aired dirty laundry,never exactly had an argument, but have responded to comments (from same two relatives, frequently ( which are just downright annoying. Among the things we've just stopped short of having a row over are episodes of a TV programme I didn't think much of and how I bring up my dd. I think the latter was a misunderstanding. With the former you'd think she'd written, directed and acted in the show, she took it so personally.

Can't delete her, as she's famerlee, so just have to parry the battier comments. Goodness knows what she thinks of me!

Feel free to invert that last (.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now