Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

So, what will your children say they YEARNED but never got?

(52 Posts)
LaundryLegoLunch Thu 23-Jan-14 10:26:20

Following this thread the other day it made me wonder what my 3 covet but will never own.

Mine would say;

Chocolate coin maker (looks rubbish quality)
Tooth fairy game (ditto and pointless)
Lelli Kelly shoes (overpriced and blingy with hideous make up for 4 year olds...)

whitepuddingsupper Thu 23-Jan-14 10:29:41

Aldi has Lelli Kelly style shoes minus the make up for £8.99 just now. My DD was not going to be getting a pair despite asking every time the advert came on because of the price tag but I'll tell her the aldi ones are the real deal, she's 3 so she won't know the difference.

GlendaTheGrizzlyPiggy Thu 23-Jan-14 10:35:16

My 4yr old DS would probably say;

Skylanders Giants (I am not paying that much money for a plastic monster let alone 10 of the bastards).

Bath crayons (why make cleaning the bath even more of a chore).

Never getting to go on those naff little car/tractor/whatever rides that they always strategically place around entrances to supermarkets, town centres etc.

I was going to say chocolate coin maker.

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Thu 23-Jan-14 10:43:37

Laundry The coin maker is shite! Takes an hour!

Probably a rat. He has wanted a pet rat for a over a year and its not happening

Preciousbane Thu 23-Jan-14 10:45:41

Grand Theft Auto 5

vladthedisorganised Thu 23-Jan-14 10:47:39

Barbie - I'm resisting.
A cat - history repeats itself..

onelittlepiglet Thu 23-Jan-14 10:51:28

Oh I made the mistake of buying bath crayons. Work of the devil!

dd is only 3 so wouldn't say she wanted anything in particular except maybe a kitten (which we are probably never going to have).

lunar1 Thu 23-Jan-14 10:52:11

Moon sand

Judybluey Thu 23-Jan-14 10:56:29

Pottery maker.

BornToFolk Thu 23-Jan-14 10:58:23

A pet...although I may cave on that one....

Nerf gun. I don't allow guns.

Morgause Thu 23-Jan-14 11:00:42

DS1 was desperate for Castle Greyskull. Awful expensive plastic tat. I told him Santa didn't give children rubbish. He was fairly happy with the lego substitute but reminds me of it constantly.

He's 35 and should have got over it by now.

SomethingkindaOod Thu 23-Jan-14 11:00:52

GTA V - DS. He can whistle for it until he's old enough to pay for GTA 56 or whatever they get up to.
Heeleys -DD1 is clumsy enough without the added attraction of wheels attached to her trainers.

stickysausages Thu 23-Jan-14 11:07:05

morgause that's a great excuse! DS harped on about Mr creepy magic, it's shite. So he got a lovely wooden Melissa and Doug one instead blush

hallowisitmeyourelookingfor Thu 23-Jan-14 11:13:33

We have had the things in the op.
The coin maker was indeed shit. Dd2 loves the tooth fairy game still and she us now 8 - we must have had it a good 3 years. I think it's shit but she has had a good run.
The lelly Kellys were horrible, just the Mary Jane style white trainers. We got them for her 3rd birthday and she wore them for about 2 years.then dd2 wore them for another 2 year's. They've had 4 years wear out of them for £40. Bargain imo!!
My dc will forever feel deprived because they're not allowed pets.

hallowisitmeyourelookingfor Thu 23-Jan-14 11:13:48

We have had the things in the op.
The coin maker was indeed shit. Dd2 loves the tooth fairy game still and she us now 8 - we must have had it a good 3 years. I think it's shit but she has had a good run.
The lelly Kellys were horrible, just the Mary Jane style white trainers. We got them for her 3rd birthday and she wore them for about 2 years.then dd2 wore them for another 2 year's. They've had 4 years wear out of them for £40. Bargain imo!!
My dc will forever feel deprived because they're not allowed pets.

Aboyandabunny Thu 23-Jan-14 11:57:55

Any Xbox game for age 12+ (he's 10).
He has had a few years of great fun with the various Skylanders sets (as have Dh and I).

DeWe Thu 23-Jan-14 12:03:29

A pet. They all want different ones (actually ds wants one of each pet he's ever come across).
A computer each in their own rooms. (they may get that when older, though in the study not their own rooms)
Ds-one of those remote control planes with a jet engine and needs a full size runway to take off. He's 6yo. I've told him when he can afford his own, then he's probably old enough. He tells me he has nearly £7 in his money box, and surely that's enough.
The house decorated for Christmas (including outside lights) mid November (and left until about March)

susiedaisy Thu 23-Jan-14 12:07:10

A dog
A big bedroom each

Cookethenook Thu 23-Jan-14 12:08:00

DS1
Nintendo DS (even though we have a ps3) especially and Ultimate fighting trashies (because i read the reviews and they were awful)

DS2
The laptop cable and the cat's tail.

I'm so mean.

LtEveDallas Thu 23-Jan-14 12:28:44

Coin maker and Lelli Kelly shoes
A high sleeper bed
Earrings under age 11
TV in her room until she's a teen
Guinea pigs (I caved in to the rabbits and now I am the only one who looks after them)

LaundryLegoLunch Thu 23-Jan-14 13:06:44

Am I right that the coin maker is the new Mr Frosty? Few receive it and all recognise its crapness?

Frikadellen Thu 23-Jan-14 13:45:20

DS camouflage trousers (I cant stand them so it is a no go I will not see my child in them)

DD 3 a dog..

DD1&2 hmmmmm struggling there might have to ask them (16 and 14)

Pointeshoes Thu 23-Jan-14 13:54:37

Blimmin ' Trashies' . Ds is 3 and all the boys at nursery school have them but they are the biggest waste of money and pointless!

Chocotrekkie Thu 23-Jan-14 13:57:52

A dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now