Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Ledkrs pils thread. You will all be very pleased with me.

(28 Posts)
Ledkr Wed 22-Jan-14 19:16:45

So two weeks ago I had major gynae surgery.

I'm feeling better but I've a long way to go yet and am not driving, have two dds 12 and 2 so pretty hard to get a rest as it is and dh is back at work.

So pil ring just now, caught me on the hop and announced they were visiting at the weekend.

This will involve an overnight stay and no help, dh will be at work and dd1 is in panto so in and out all weekend.

So for the first time in 8 years I said NO!
I actually said those words. No I'm not really feeling up to visitors yet and dd will be busy and tired so I'd rather leave it until another weekend.

Yay, the world didn't end, they didn't drop dead and I am happy and don't have make endless cups of tea or be on my best behaviour. Job done.

<takes a bow>

MummaMouse Wed 22-Jan-14 19:19:50

Well done! Thats really good.

MsPickle Wed 22-Jan-14 19:20:05

Have lurked on your previous threads, delurking to high 5 you!

Jolly good show. thanks

You absolutely have to put yourself first at times like this - an oasis of looking after yourself in a lifetime of caring for your loved family.

\grin/

- that was meant to be loved ones, not loved family, which just sounds knobbish.

Crowler Wed 22-Jan-14 19:22:08

Impressive! Were you tempted to spin a tale instead of saying no?

expatinscotland Wed 22-Jan-14 19:22:20

You rock! I am so proud of you. You have come so far.

Yay!!

Big clap and thumbs up to ledkr.

LabMonkey Wed 22-Jan-14 19:25:06

Another one delurking for a high five!

thenicknameiwantedisgone Wed 22-Jan-14 19:25:38

Well done you smile

Ledkr Wed 22-Jan-14 19:41:53

High fives everyone whilst blowing kisses!

talc yes that would have been knobbish!
Loved family! grin
crowler you know what, I was but I literally couldn't think of one and then realised the truth was reasonable.
I really don't feel like making small talk or worrying about clean bedding or enough food to eat.
Or making three cups if tea every time I want one.

Dh was pretty impressed too.

Ledkr Wed 22-Jan-14 19:43:03

Why would they even think it was ok??

<winds self up>

Notfootball Wed 22-Jan-14 19:45:36

Good job - said in a bad American accent! Bet you feel like strutting around the room!

ChippingInWadesIn Wed 22-Jan-14 19:45:53

\grin/

flowers
cake
wine

<hugs>

Well done smile

It's bloody well taken long enough
wink

It's a shame they aren't the sort to help out, that would have been lovely, but given the massive pain in the arse they are CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!

Ledkr Wed 22-Jan-14 19:48:06

Thanks chippy tbh they do help a bit more these days but I'm meant to be resting which is hard enough with two dds and dh at work, I just don't feel like visitors and I realised that was ok. It's not them who've had the operation is it?

Well done smile

wigglesrock Wed 22-Jan-14 19:51:13

smile

Rowboat Wed 22-Jan-14 19:58:27

well done you! grin

LegoCaltrops Wed 22-Jan-14 20:01:23

Yay, well done you!

HeeBeeGeebies Wed 22-Jan-14 20:01:43

Well done!

MyDarlingClementine Wed 22-Jan-14 20:03:03

well done thats brilliant.

piratecat Wed 22-Jan-14 20:03:33

hope you keep recovering from your op ok.

and i had to do one of these! \smile/

AdoraBell Wed 22-Jan-14 20:08:14

grin Well done!

Hope you recover Well from your surgery, don't over do the triumph dance and jumping round the roomwink

LouSend Wed 22-Jan-14 20:14:44

\smile/

Yay, Ledkr!

gindrinker Wed 22-Jan-14 20:33:52

Whoop! Whoop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now