Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

So I got drunk at lunchtime yesterday......

(95 Posts)
catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:01:03

With an old, dear, dear friend.

I ended up buying a VERY expensive pair of boots in Russell and Bromley, buying a vintage, white fur coat and getting a small bicycle tattooed on my foot grin

Tell me your idiotic tales of random things you have done whilst under the influence...

To make me feel better and convince DH I am not a total loon smile

FauxFox Wed 22-Jan-14 12:03:04

That sounds like a fantastic afternoon grin did your friend get a matching tattoo too?

Sparklingbrook Wed 22-Jan-14 12:03:26

I don't think I can compete with that. grin Why a bicycle? confused

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:04:12

No - but she got two crystals pierced into her ample cleavage grin

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:05:02

I'm thinking of taking up cycling

FauxFox Wed 22-Jan-14 12:05:34

I bought a guinea pig and a hutch for him to live in when drunk one afternoon. The pet shop was next to the off-licence. I was about 120 miles from home staying with a friend grin He was a lovely guinea pig grin

CocktailQueen Wed 22-Jan-14 12:05:58

crystals pierced into her cleavage??????? how??? <eyes watering>

FauxFox Wed 22-Jan-14 12:07:15

I think it's a vertical bar like you'd get in your eyebrow but in your cleavage isn't it?

perplexedpirate Wed 22-Jan-14 12:07:26

Please can I come next time you go for lunch?

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:07:57

They're called skin-divers

Slapntickleothewenches Wed 22-Jan-14 12:07:57

I bought a vintage tail suit on eBay one night. Compared to you though I feel a bit of an amateur <sniff>

FauxFox Wed 22-Jan-14 12:08:01

And me? grin

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 22-Jan-14 12:08:29

One has to be really drunk to buy a real fur coat, no?

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 22-Jan-14 12:10:13

That sounds like one hell of an afternoon. My kind of girl. Women who pursue afternoons like and are no longer of student starus are to be highly commended. Bloody well done. thanks

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:10:45
propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 22-Jan-14 12:11:20

If it was a vintage coat then not so bad.

Bravo that woman! I've brought many a poor choice in outfit or unnecessary shoe whilst drunk but you are my hero.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 22-Jan-14 12:12:38

You will have to cut a peephole into the very expensive boots so that the tattoo can be seen grin

throckenholt Wed 22-Jan-14 12:12:57

I know someone who bought the very expensive tickets for the Olympic Closing ceremony whilst drunk - and then had to shell out even more for last minute train fares to get there. And expensive but memorable experience.

HepsibarCrinkletoes Wed 22-Jan-14 12:13:30

Pahahahahahaha. Only you! Please please can you put a pic on here or FB so I can see it.

I'm meeting some MNers for lunch tomorrow. Pistey, GetOrf and I are actually meeting at 11:30 so we can test the gin get a table as the place takes no bookings. I too might be having a drunken lunch...

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 22-Jan-14 12:14:57

First of all report that tattooist- I'm sure all the forms I've ever filled out included a question about if I'd drunk in the past 24 hours. Not sure they should be tattooing drunk people.

Secondly:- are you free for Lunch tomorrow? grin

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:16:27

I'll put a pic on here later when I'm back from work. Can't put it on FB because I haven't told my mum!

THERhubarb Wed 22-Jan-14 12:17:01

I very nearly bought a coffin on ebay whilst pissed. I thought it would make a great drinks cabinet.

Luckily for me, I was outbid.

Can't even remember if it was used or not grin

I did once gate-crash someone's 40th birthday party in a working man's club. It was really boring and the poor guy clearly had no friends, but the buffet was on so I helped myself to a nice plate of snacks, got a beer and started dancing before dh dragged me off.

I've also woken up surrounded by various pub paraphenalia that I've managed to nab.

And I once dressed up as a ghost and frightened late night cyclists on a country road leading to student accommodation before being chased off by a security guard.

Oh and we pinched someone's bike and secured it to the front of the local chapel.

I'm sure there are more.....

catinboots Wed 22-Jan-14 12:17:11

Plus I was technically 'working from home' yesterday....

HepsibarCrinkletoes Wed 22-Jan-14 12:18:50

Haha at not telling your mum yet! I look forward to seeing it later then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now