Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I have actually had nightmares about being in this situation

(50 Posts)
MarianneEnjolras Tue 21-Jan-14 21:53:58

Yes, nightmares about needed to go to the loo but not being able to find one with a door and in full view of everyone else!

Toilets

2nd picture in particular.

Who would use these?

I think it's horrible, or am I just being prudish?

I was just about to start a thread (my first) about the overflowing toilet dream. I have it regularly. It usually involves being in desperate need of the loo and in a public place. Loads of loos but all of them overflowing and either without doors or with broken doors.

I NEED privacy!

There is no way I could use one of those double loos. Who on earth wants company while having a shit?

MarianneEnjolras Tue 21-Jan-14 22:02:01

OMG we have the same dream! Yes to them being overflowing and filthy too!

<freaked out now>

K8Middleton Tue 21-Jan-14 22:03:53

His and his shitters? The irony of this being in Russia is not lost on me grin

LegoCaltrops Tue 21-Jan-14 22:05:55

Ordinarily, no. However, I've a got pretty bad IBS & sometimes it waits for nothing. I'd use them rather than the alternative.

At least there's plenty of space to park your pushchair inside the cubicle, look on the bright side!

AhoyMcCoy Tue 21-Jan-14 22:07:51

Oooooh I went to a nightclub once that had a "Twobicle" - two toilets in the cubicle! It was ACE! Could go in there with my friend and chat while we weed.

hiddenhome Tue 21-Jan-14 22:08:08

Don't be daft, it's so they can sit and play chess to pass the time grin

BadSeedsAddict Tue 21-Jan-14 22:09:42

Aargh! I have those dreams! That photo gave me the shivers.

RussianBlu Tue 21-Jan-14 22:12:59

I think I have had such dreams where I have had to wander round vast changing rooms/school toilets the size of shopping centres and being unable to find a toilet where people couldn't look under/climb over/ broken door/toilets with no door etc. Stressful dreams!

capsium Tue 21-Jan-14 22:13:25

I remember my Granny's very old property where there was still the old earth closets in an out building. Bench with two toilet holes, side by side. Weird, but then you see the ancient Roman ruins of communal toilets, so it must have been the thing at one time.

I thought I was the only one who dreamt about nasty toilets, and communal toilets, or just a curtain, yuck.

I have the same recurring dream, looking for a loo for ages, then they are filthy and the doors are all complicated and no privacy at all

Elledouble Tue 21-Jan-14 22:17:53

Oh god, I have those dreams. All disgusting toilets with no/broken doors. And if I finally find one with a door, I open it and it turns out to be a shower. Horrible.

Mintyy Tue 21-Jan-14 22:19:02

Its a really common dream. Just means you need to go to the loo.

Ooohhh...I am in good company!

MyDarlingClementine Tue 21-Jan-14 22:19:12

yes i have nightmares about this too, or being topless and going to loo in cubicles where the sides are only to your shoulder and you can see everyone! what a nightmare!

I've been in one of those toilets with two loo's with a friend in a club but only to pee!

MisForMumNotMaid Tue 21-Jan-14 22:20:11

Lots of places have family toilets with an adult and child sized one alongside each other- that works.

As PP said I think if I had enough alcohol in my system, like in a night club type situation back when I knew what one was, I could cope with a friend sharing a double cubicle.

The room of loos in photo 2 looks more like a bathroom sales room.

omg i've had nightmares about this too! always wake up desperate.

TenThousandSpoons Tue 21-Jan-14 22:21:08

I also have that dream! Didn't realise it was a common one. Often involves lids being down so I open them up one by one to reveal more and more horrible contents!

Ledkr Tue 21-Jan-14 22:22:35

storm I was just about to post the same.
Me and my mate used it to per but the next morning could decide if it was a drunken dream!

thefemaleJoshLyman Tue 21-Jan-14 22:24:43

I have those dreams too. I just thought I was weird. grin

SecretWitch Tue 21-Jan-14 22:26:30

Dirty loo dream is very common to me! Well, that and one about trying to explain to school authorities that I have Master's Degree and they keep insisting I never finished high school.

Sleepyhead33 Tue 21-Jan-14 22:52:06

No! They can't be real-surely they just haven't put the doors on yet?

traininthedistance Tue 21-Jan-14 22:57:10

OMG - I also have that recurring public loo dream - in mine I'm desperate for the loo but the only ones I can find are completely public and too dirty or broken to use. I hate that dream.... blush

frugalfuzzpig Tue 21-Jan-14 22:57:56

Another one with the same dream. All the damn time.

Along with my teeth crumbling <shudder>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now