Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Favourite Peppa Pig moments?

(93 Posts)
DollyHouse Mon 20-Jan-14 01:57:21

Come on, I know there's other sad people out there who love Peppa as much as (if not more than!) our dc. I'm addicted to it! We only discovered it recently after dd was given a DVD as a present and now we watch it every day on TV and watch the DVD sometimes too blush

So my favourite Peppa pig moments,

On the episode where Peppa is learning to whistle, when she rings up Susie sheep and is so pleased that Susie can't whistle as well. Then Susie whistles and Peppa just does a :| face and hangs up. Doesn't sound funny but every time we watch that episode I can't help laughing.

The episode where grandpa pigs boat gets stuck so they send the parrot to granny pig. And she asks the parrot what grandpa pig said and the parrot says "silly old bird!" and granny pig goes ooooh! like it's the most shocking thing anyone has ever said to her.

The episode with the new house and mr wolf asks what daddy pigs house is made of and he just goes "brick. So don't even think about it!" with a creepy teeth baring smile.

Aaaah I know I'm sad but I love Peppa pig.

Please share your favourite moments or episodes so I feel less of a loser!

nameuschangeus Mon 20-Jan-14 02:04:32

My favourite is the one where they go on holiday to (I think) Italy and Peppa loses her teddy. Daddy Pig's driving on foreign roads is priceless.

DollyHouse Mon 20-Jan-14 02:13:19

Ha that one is great! "I don't know what I did wrong but I won't do it again!" to the policeman amuses me. I think daddy pig is my fave.

Longdistance Mon 20-Jan-14 02:30:33

I love Miss Rabbit, and how she does every job going. When someone is nominated is the hardest working person in the land, daddy pig mentions it, and mummy pig says 'well it certainly isn't you dear', but of course Miss Rabbit gets it.

The way in which Miss Rabbit and Mrs Rabbit greet each other 'hello sister', 'hello sister', my dd2 greets her ds like this, it cracks everyone up.

Dr. Hamster and Tiddles the tortoise who climbs trees, and gets stuck every time.

I love the one you mentioned Dolly about whistling. I crack up every time she slams the phone down. So rude, but so Peppa, like she didn't hear it.

DeathMetalMum Mon 20-Jan-14 02:39:10

Potato city - where Peppa ends up with 5 huge teddys all because the men on the stalls imply that mummy piig has no chance of winning. She does an I'll show you face and all the storeholders look both shocked and grumpy. Also many others Baby Alexander and when her big cousin(s) come over I enjoy watching ben and holly too just as funny.

Loftyjen Mon 20-Jan-14 02:44:55

I love the one about mirrors where Daddy Pig keeps trying to explain convex/concave surfaces & gets blank expressions from Peppa & Suzy before they cut him off with "so it's magic then?!"

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Mon 20-Jan-14 02:45:24

I like when they're looking after the parrot, and manage to teach it to say "I'm a NOISY parrot, snorrrrt"!

runawaysimba Mon 20-Jan-14 02:49:13

Oh, love all these! If anyone has a link to a gif of Peppa hanging up on Suzy, that would make my day.
My nominations:
When Mummy Pig loses control skiing down the mountain and slams into the side if their house.
When Grampy Rabbit, Grampa Pig and Grandad Dog are marooned on the Island. Basically all the moments here. "Does anybody else miss cheese?"

ElvisJesusAndCocaCola Mon 20-Jan-14 06:24:38

Dolly - I only came on this thread to say I love it when Peppa hangs up on Suzy Sheep when she whistles. Best PP moment ever!

ElvisJesusAndCocaCola Mon 20-Jan-14 06:25:16

Give. Me. That. Hammer.

Agree. Came on to say the whistle / hang up.moment.

tBh id list that on my top three tv comedy moments ever.

ElvisJesusAndCocaCola Mon 20-Jan-14 06:46:21

When Miss Rabbit meets the Queen:

Daddy Pig: I wonder who the hardest working person in the land is?

Mummy Pig: well, it won't be you, Daddy Pig.

Icelollycraving Mon 20-Jan-14 06:51:55

Suzy sheep narrowing her eyes at Mr Potato,"why aren't you small like a normal potato?"

LongRoadToRuin Mon 20-Jan-14 06:54:01

"Not birdy birdy woof woof!?!"

Cheesyslice Mon 20-Jan-14 06:57:59

Mr Bull in the china shop.

Daddy pig trying to hang a picture on the wall and ending up having to re-brick and then re-plaster the resulting hole. DH is a plasterer so we always have a good snigger about that one.

BloominNora Mon 20-Jan-14 07:00:13

Yy to the episode with Mr.Wolf's new house and the concave / convex explanation. Also the episode where Mr. Fox asks Grampa Pig where the chickens are and the episode where Mr Bull goes to buy a new teapot and Miss Rabbit screams "ahhhh a bull in a china shop".

However for out and out sarcasm and adult in-jokes, it's Ben and Holly every time. "I'm Nanny Plum, not an astrophysicist!" grin

HellsGranny Mon 20-Jan-14 07:09:39

Any episode where Grampy Rabbit 'writes a song about it'

Chigley1 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:12:52

Agree with whistling episode. I laugh out loud every time I see it. Which is a lot!

LouSend Mon 20-Jan-14 07:20:38

The one where the pig family go for a picnic and need to be ferried over a river. The wolf family turns up and Mr wolf and daddy pig are left alone together.

Mr wolf keeps telling daddy pig "I'm hungry".

LouSend Mon 20-Jan-14 07:22:04

I haven't seen the mirrors episode. I can't believe there's an episode of PP that I haven't seen.

Humania Mon 20-Jan-14 07:30:14

The one where Mrs. Rabbit goes into labour and Mr rabbit runs into the hospital shouting (in strong welsh accent): Don't panic! We're having a rabbit! Classic.

perfectview Mon 20-Jan-14 07:32:16

Ice lolly that's my favourite!

And when mr potato is encouraging them to eat more fruit and veg and someone says, 'like potatoes?'

Awkward and hilarious.

HKat Mon 20-Jan-14 07:36:09

Susie-whistling-pissed off-Peppa. Every time. Oh and when Grandpa Pig is visiting his chickens at night and Mr Fox is hanging around.

HKat Mon 20-Jan-14 07:37:44

And..."it's the QUEEEEEN!!!" - Susie's contribution to the Christmas theatre trip smile I clearly watch too much Peppa!

I love all of these. Another funny moment when they go to the Rabbits' for tea and mr Fox comes looking for his son
'Ive just had my dinner down a rabbit hole'
Mr Fox 'Good lad' grin
Also when they meet candy cat and her family at the aquarium and they're talking about how much then love fish!
Peppa is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now