Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

We haven't had a decent woo thread for ages...

(258 Posts)
Cheesyslice Fri 17-Jan-14 22:53:02

Can anyone entertain me with your terrifying ghost / other woo stories? I love some of the tales that have cropped up in here in the past.

Accuracy/truth not an issue

TeamSouthfields Fri 17-Jan-14 23:23:13

Im going on a ghost tour tomorrow, in London!

Blockette Fri 17-Jan-14 23:27:07

A dark black shadow just attacked my foot!

ok it was probably my cat, but I can't 'see' it's her so could be a ghost, right?

MyBaby1day Sat 18-Jan-14 03:53:11

No we haven't, loved the last one!!.

Danann Sat 18-Jan-14 04:20:18

there's a weird 'whooooo, rustle, rustle, whooo, click' noise in my bedroom that's keeping me awake, no idea what it is but its pissing me off.

My parents had their house blessed on Monday to rid them of the 'fairy' that takes their stuff.
Nothing since the ghostbuster of KL went round with his bowl of salt and bottle of holy water.
I am not at all woo, but their experience made me think...

TeamSouthfields Mon 20-Jan-14 16:15:59

Little girl I look.after often tells me 'your gonna die soon'

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Mon 20-Jan-14 16:17:35

Marking place for some tales of Woo! grin

FrankSpenser Mon 20-Jan-14 16:20:22

I was once in the house alone. I walked past my little bathroom and did a proper "what the hell?!" when I spotted my large scented candle lit and flickering away merrily.

I quickly blew that out I can tell you! Still scratch my head about that one.

50shadesofknackered Mon 20-Jan-14 16:22:45

Marking my place, I love a woo thread.

CiderBomb Mon 20-Jan-14 16:28:52

I love these kind of threads.

When I was a teenager I went through a rather silly stage of using Ouija boards. A couple of times odd stuff happened whilst using them, though there could be a rational explanation for it. I was doing one with my brother and cousin one day and he decided to ask for a sign that there was someone there, he got a little toy compass that he'd got out of a Christmas cracker, put it on the table and the hand randomly began spinning around.

Another time I was doing one with a friend and my brothers little hand held computer game that was on the other side of the room switched itself on and began beeping and playing a tune. It scared us to death and we ended up in the garden, too scared to go back inside.

They are dangerous things Ouija boards, I would never use one now.

Aintnobodylovesnanbetter Mon 20-Jan-14 16:30:02

I've got quite a few the most recent one being from friday
After dropping dd at school i went and did a bit of shopping after i got home and putting it away i thought i'd give the downstairs a quick hoover.
Hoovered everywhere ending with the hall.put hoover away and made a coffee as i came into the hall from the kitchen i noticed something on the mat by the front door.i had only just hoovered the mat but it was one of dd's hairslides which had a large flower on it.it wasn't there when i hoovered and couldn't have dropped out of anything as i hadn't been in the hall since hoovering.no idea where it came from.

FourAndDone Mon 20-Jan-14 16:33:35

Place marking for when it gets dark grin

Mummytotwox Mon 20-Jan-14 16:39:08

I have a few lol.

My childhood home used to give me the creeps.

One night my sister woke to someone watching her, she screamed and my dad came in, the person had gone.

Our kitchen used to over look the green (grassy area) and my mum was stood washing up, there was a young boy looking at the house. My mum sent my other sister out to ask what's wrong. She did, the boy said he used to live there, and described my mums room (she had a fire place). Couldn't of been possible, mum n dad had lived there 20 years by then.

After that my dad searched the library and everywhere for anything on the house, but couldn't find anything.

I used to get the feeling of being watched, I still do tbh. I remember at 7ish I told my dad I thought I could speak to dead people as I kept talking to "myself" lol.

DelightedIAm Mon 20-Jan-14 16:42:46

Did that lady work worked in a Mill ever put up the webcam stuff? Did she find out who was messing around with stones and light switches?

When we are on the subject there was also a thread something like an op name of Knokie? She was pregnant and her neighbour may have been in her loft?

BringBackBod Mon 20-Jan-14 16:46:03

My grandparents had one of those wind up gramophones. When they had both died, the gramophone ended up under my bed.
One Sunday afternoon, I was in my bedroom and I heard this strange noise coming from under my bed. I went to look underneath and realised what the sound was. It was the sound of the turntable of the gramophone going round. It was unmistakable, a kind of continuous scraping noise (it had needed oiling for years).
The thing was, it was all closed up in its case. The handle to wind it up was inside the case, and the winding mechanism was on the outside.
Other things happened that I have trouble explaining as well. I was so relieved when we moved.

Many, many, many years ago I was walking down the stairs in my Nan's house and I could see her poodle asleep on the landing at the top of the stairs reflected in the full length mirror at the bottom. It was only a few minutes later that I realised that the poodle had passed away several weeks previously woooooooo

JupiterGentlefly Mon 20-Jan-14 16:51:05

Ooh its my first woo thread. ..

LittleBabyPigsus Mon 20-Jan-14 16:54:52

Cider Ouija boards are actually board games owned by Parker.

Faverolles Mon 20-Jan-14 17:02:31

I thought the history of ouija boards went back further than the board game?
The board game was simply putting a brand on something that was already used.

MairzyDoats Mon 20-Jan-14 17:12:31

Marking place! It's been a while...

TheCountessOlenska Mon 20-Jan-14 17:43:25

ok so my Grandad was an architect specializing in restoration - he was doing some work in a famous Cathedral, in a remote corner so was on his own for most of the day. When leaving in the late afternoon he was bothered by a strange dragging noise that seemed to follow him down the corridors as he made his way out... this went on for a week, on his last day there he mentioned the strange noise, and was told that it was most likely a young apprentice, stone mason, whose leg was crushed by falling masonry when the Cathedral was being built, and died in horrible pain from his injuries - he was buried as they laid the Cathedral foundations, and he still roams the corridors on Winter afternoons, dragging his horribly crushed leg as he goes...wink

HowAboutNo Mon 20-Jan-14 17:47:27

Ohhh I shouldn't read these but I love them

<is glad DH isn't working tonight>

These are nothing, you should see my lid thread grin

ziggiestardust Mon 20-Jan-14 17:51:47

I regularly feel like I'm being watched. It's happened wherever I've been, all my life. Sometimes I know I can feel someone next to or behind me.

My Nan told me it sometimes happens to her as well, and she told me to open a window. So if it feels too much, I do. And the feeling goes away.

I'm very skeptical though! There is probably an explanation; probably something to do with the power of suggestion and all that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now