ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

I had to leave my childs xmas production today because...

(78 Posts)
deenymcqueenygoreandguts Mon 10-Dec-07 19:09:55

I was so overcome with emotion, i was in danger of making a complete twonk of myself.
Honestly, i couldnt hold back when they started to sing about angels.

I was like this last year.
do not know why but wanted to sob.

any one else like this because not a single other parent was like this in there, not one.

shelinka Sun 16-Dec-07 06:11:50

On ds's 2nd birthday, his nursery had a party for him (they do it for all the kids) and he had to sit in the middle of the group while all the rest of the kids sang to him. I was in floods of tears (blamed it on post-natal hormones - my dd was a month old at the time). But the nursery teachers looked at me like I was mental. Maybe hormones had something to do with it, but seeing as I also cry at the the airport scene in Love Actually and even at bits of The Lion King, I think its only gonna get worse with time...

NannyGlen Fri 12-Nov-10 11:37:48

I'm not, on the whole, a crier, but children singing, dancing, acting. Deary deary me. when my children, all grown up now, reached around 10 years they requested, then ordered me not to attend. Tis just the same now with the grandchildren. Sucking then biting my top lip very, very hard sometimes gets me through.

How did this come back to life?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now