Video message from Father Christmas

(40 Posts)

The video message from Father Christmas is up and running.

Just done one for my dcs - they're amazed by them.

Even one for a naughty adult so did one for dh! Anything is worth a try to get the sport turned off the tvwink.

And definitely worth putting a picture of dc in when asked.

DH did one for me, and put me on the naughty list, and santa said I spent too much time on the internet

and my photo had a big red 'x' through it,

I almost cried

grin

LOL Disenchanted - thank god my dh doesn't know how to do them. Buying too much rubbish and too much time on the net would be mine too grin.

Tidey Sat 28-Nov-09 13:08:03

I did one of those for DS last year and he made a hmm face and asked why Santa's voice went all robotic on the part where he says the child's name and the present they want. grin

I thought it was lovely though.

Lilyloo Sat 28-Nov-09 22:36:11

Thanks did this last year ,have just done 3 dc again

pookabelle Sat 28-Nov-09 22:54:39

We did this last year too and the dc thought it was great.

MyDingaling Sat 28-Nov-09 23:17:57

This is fantastic
Thank you x

Purplepillow Sat 28-Nov-09 23:34:04

Have just done one for dd, she's 9 and still believes.

She loved this last year.

Thanks for the reminder tootired gringringrin

ja9 Sat 28-Nov-09 23:38:47

just done it - thank you! will show it to them tomoro!

josette Sat 28-Nov-09 23:48:28

This is brilliant. Thank you for letting me know about this!

That's brilliant - never seen anything like this before, my niece will wet herself! x

Lilyloo Sun 29-Nov-09 09:41:49

Just shown dd1 and she loved it , dd2 wasn't bothered (she almost 2) and will show ds when he gets back from football!

bubblagirl Sun 29-Nov-09 09:51:17

i ahve done mine but i clicked next and it didnt confirm it had been done just took me back to start page does this mean its done it for me? sorry just dont want to do it all again if already done

Lilyloo Sun 29-Nov-09 10:03:19

check if it has been emailed to you

LeninGrad Sun 29-Nov-09 18:23:24

That is just brilliant, thank you.

Hulababy Sun 29-Nov-09 18:24:40

Oh I did this last year and DD loved it Thanks for posting.

lissielouskissingsantaclaus Sun 29-Nov-09 18:32:01

did ds's yesterday and nearly cried seeing the look on his face during the message. he was totally entranced, turned to me afterward and said "he did get my letter mummy and he knows that i have been trying to be a good boy at school!" lovely!

I love that ds answered his questions - every time he has watched it! He really thinks it's live!

Your ds is so sweet lissielou.

redsofas Sun 29-Nov-09 19:34:16

i just did this for ds1 3.7 and he LOVED it!!!! it was so cute he was talking back to father christmas when he said hello "miniredsofa" he said "hi father christmas" ect ect and it was lovely thankyou so much for the link!!!

kys Sun 29-Nov-09 20:33:05

Just done one for my ds, cant wait to see his face when he see's it.

brill! I couldn't remember the name of the website I used last year...will give this one a go

DD was asking about this yesterday, so great timing

I've had to reload constantly for at least half an hour for the photo to upload <grrr>
one done and one to go grin

SparkyfartDust Sun 29-Nov-09 22:33:43

ahh, that's great. thanks for link

KnickKnack - well done for perseverance! grin

It's well worth the effort - honest gov.

very well worth the wait, and I don't know whats different but its much nicer than last years. Kids have already shown the videos to all the relatives. They have been on best behaviour since they seen it after school today grin

pigleychez Mon 30-Nov-09 21:46:14

I did this recently for DD. She is only 16mths but loved hearing her name and seeing her picture in his book. Very cute

KnickKnack - I think the voice is better. I couldn't hear the difference when saying dcs names this time.

And I love the secret info he gives.

ladytophamhat Wed 02-Dec-09 14:54:03

ds1 is mesmerised by his message!

am getting loads of mileage out of it now - you had better eat those peas / sweetcorn / broccoli / cauliflower shock or santa WILL know!

A little bump now we're in December.

Ds still likes to watch his before he goes to bed smile.

Ineedsomesleep Sun 06-Dec-09 10:13:15

Just done it and DS is thrilled. Thanks.

halfcut Sun 06-Dec-09 10:15:21

Did this for my dgs ..he had tears in his eyes bless [sob]

bump

Just did it and dd did love it. But I didn't hear him saying her name? Will have to pay more attention next time (she kept talking all the way through as she does "who is he talking to mummy?", "why does he have a beard mummy" etc etc)

He doesn't say the name if its hard to pronounce/unknown in America. My DS has an Irish name and his name is always left out. I have one friend who typed in her daughters name with a very American spelling (rather than its normal Irish spelling) to bypass this.

Ah.

It's a normal name but with non-US spelling so maybe that's what it is. Might try the US spelling thing to see what happens...

pinkmagic1 Mon 07-Dec-09 17:06:45

This is great, did this for my 2 last night and cried when I saw their faces. Only problem is that I can't seem to get the message sent to my email.

unfitmother Mon 07-Dec-09 17:45:08

DD loved this!
Thanks for the link.smile

Jux Mon 07-Dec-09 18:21:33

Did this for dd a couple of years ago - I thought she was too old (8 or 9) but she was gob-smacked! Her chin was on the floor!

She's too computer savvy at 10, now.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now