Plain coloured wrapping paper

(10 Posts)
doghouse Mon 16-Nov-09 16:59:44

Does anyone know where I might find this. Fancy wrapping Christmas presents in plain coloured paper with contrasting ribbon as seen in a few magazines but not sure where I might find the paper.

thanks

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Nov-09 17:03:39

Paperchase?
john lewis?
craft shop?

pigleychez Mon 16-Nov-09 17:03:44

I like to do this and find Silver paper shiney paper id easy to get hold off. I then use different coloured ribbons etc to decorate them.

wilkinsons- 99p a roll, on 3 for 2

kimlouiseb Mon 16-Nov-09 20:15:06

I got mine from this website. £1 for a 3m roll in lots of different colours plus they have a great range of ribbons.

I am using this light green paper, with red ribbon and these 50's gift tags.

It looks fab!

You do have to pay postage but it's quite reasonable and I couldn't find any coloured paper anywhere on my high street.

If you can face it, IKEA have rolls of parcel paper but in green and red. It's lovely and strong.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 17-Nov-09 13:12:38

Waitrose have some - red, gold, silver, green, at least. Possibly other colours too that I didn't spot.

hannahsaunt Tue 17-Nov-09 13:40:34

Oxfam have rolls of plain coloured paper in appropriate Christmassy colours.

murphyslaw Tue 17-Nov-09 14:48:37

Last year I used ordinary brown paper from the post office hmm and tied big red ribbons on them. My parcels looked gorgeous grin

monkeysmama Wed 18-Nov-09 10:44:14

Barnardos have some lovely bags, lots of plain paper in packets with 4 big sheets & 2 tags and lovely ribbon. All great value & have matching gift bags. I am doing silver & purple ribbon this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now