Quick, help please! Ideas for presents to post to Australia

(9 Posts)
BirdyArms Thu 04-Dec-08 20:30:38

I received an unexpected parcel of presents today from BIL and his family in Australia. It's their first Christmas out there and I thought we'd agreed just to send each other birthday presents, but apparently not. I've missed the posting date by quite a bit but am going to send something ASAP and hope for the best. Please please could I have some ideas for what to send, up to £10 each, ideally can be bought on the internet and will arrive quickly? I have Amazon Prime on trial so can get Amazon stuff quickly.

They are:-
SIL - very no nonsense practical Aussie
BIL - don't worry about him, getting DH to buy a CD
Nephew aged 3 - maybe a DVD but I'd prefer to get something more toy-like
Niece aged 2 - bought night garden DVD and toy for her recent birthday so not a DVD

TigerFeet Thu 04-Dec-08 20:32:39

No advice re presents but couldn't you buy from an Aussie website and get them delivered to your BIL's?

Leslaki Thu 04-Dec-08 20:44:41

Ah but check they can play UK dvds over there!! My mate in Oz sent us a dvd but it wouldn't play! I usually do clothes and light weight things.

eidsvold Thu 04-Dec-08 20:46:52

what about this one for books for the kids:

for books

get it delivered

great company - use them all the time

so much easier to do it that way - I used to do that for my family when I lived in the UK.

BirdyArms Thu 04-Dec-08 21:04:33

Thanks - what a very sensible suggestion to use Australian websites, why didn't I think of that? The Peter's site looks great Eisvold, I have already found a Twister beach towel that I am very excited about!

Leslaki, you have got me worried about DVDs, they sent us one that was fine to play over here but maybe we were lucky.

Tas1 Thu 04-Dec-08 21:32:41

The last postal day for Australia is Friday 5th Dec. I think you will have to go with the Australian website idea.

sunnydelight Thu 04-Dec-08 23:19:32

Next kids clothes and M&S undies for your SIL. I'd kill for either, wouldn't care if they arrived late grin

JimJim67 Fri 28-Oct-16 13:49:19

My daughter and her boyfriend have just arrived in Australia and have got a house, they are on working visas.
My daughter wants her makup sent I know you cant post perfume or nail polish but has anyone sent foundation out before that's what my daughter wants hers cost £30 a bottle so who knows how much it would be to buy over there if she can get it.
Replies appreciated.

Kirriemuir Fri 28-Oct-16 18:36:40

I'd just get her a voucher for David jones or Mayer which are like John Lewis and debenhams. Australia has all the known brands so she will be able to get it unless it is a random brand. Do you know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now