Alternative gift to hatchimal

(12 Posts)
Florabella Tue 29-Nov-16 14:09:49

So I'm obviously not going to be able to get a hatchimal for my 6 year old daughter. Any suggestions for an alternative (she got a my little pets bird last year and loved it).
Thanks

Musicinthe00ssucks Tue 29-Nov-16 14:10:43

Furby Connect? I got my daughter one for her birthday half price at £49 from Toys R Us

TheImprobableGirl Tue 29-Nov-16 14:11:54

What about the puppy surprise dogs? Hatchimals aren't impossible to find though

PandasRock Tue 29-Nov-16 14:15:13

Lucy dog? (Or Lola). Lucy does a reasonable amount for a not-eyewatering price. My dd has had one for a couple of years and she still gets dragged out and played with regularly (and coveted by her younger brother!)

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 29-Nov-16 14:16:10

YoYo Panda?

Lucy & Lola (interactive dogs)?

Have you tried using the stock informer site for Hatchimals? I thought I wouldn't be able to get one, but sat with the site open in another window one evening and - low and behold - it beeped to tell me that some more had come in to stock at Tesco and I now have a Hatchimal! You do have to be very quick once the stock alert comes in, as obviously so many people are looking. Can't hurt to try though - if you haven't already grin.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 29-Nov-16 14:17:55

x-posts Pandas.

DD's Lucy is also holding up very well & is still much loved smile.

Florabella Tue 29-Nov-16 14:21:02

Thanks ladies. I did sign up on stock informer, but don't generally have it open on my phone. Will keep trying, but will also go and take a look at the other suggestions now.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 29-Nov-16 14:25:55

Apparently smyths are going to have limited stock between 30 Nov and 2 dec. It's allocated to pre orders first if you're able to do that

Florabella Tue 29-Nov-16 14:30:56

Musicinthe00ssucks, is the Furby any good without using the app?

Florabella Tue 29-Nov-16 14:45:32

Smyths are no longer accepting pre-orders, but I'll keep an eye on the site over the next few days. Thanks

smEGGnogg Tue 29-Nov-16 14:49:42

I got my dd one of those Zoomer Hedgies. No idea if it's any good but I thought it was a reasonable alternative.

Musicinthe00ssucks Tue 29-Nov-16 21:06:24

Florabella sorry I don't know at the moment because DD's birthday isn't until mid-December. It looks good from online videos though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now