Teen Vogue - is it possible to buy a subscription in UK?

(11 Posts)
Ethelswith Sat 26-Nov-16 12:54:02

And if so, how?

I'd like to get the actual magazine for DD.

Looking on-line and I keep ending up with the US subscription site. Does that mean that the hard copy isn't actually available here?

Or have I just missed something that's obvious to everyone else?

HairsprayQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 13:29:23

You can buy hard copies here in some newsagents but I think as they are imported there won't be a UK subscription option unless the US site will ship to the UK.

They are also cutting back to quarterly editions so there will only be 4 next year if that makes a difference too.

HairsprayQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 13:34:19

the website says $35 international subscription, but it also says it publishes monthly (except combined issues) so if I were you I'd double check with their customer services if that's still the deal.

Ethelswith Sat 26-Nov-16 13:35:24

Thanks! Though not quite what I wanted to hear.

I was specifically after the hard copy because she is dyslexic and very reluctant to read, and I thought that this might be a way of getting her to read something - anything! - for fun. And that reading the entirety of article-length pieces might help with a sense of achievement.

Ethelswith Sat 26-Nov-16 13:36:34

Sorry - typed between your first and second responses.

I'll have another look (I did wonder if I'd missed anything obvious!)

bumpertobumper Sat 26-Nov-16 13:39:43

In the U.K. It is called Miss Vogue

bumpertobumper Sat 26-Nov-16 13:41:57

12 issues delivered and on iPad etc for twenty quid!

traviata Mon 28-Nov-16 22:21:10

I got it a couple of times from the W H Smiths at Victoria Station, if that's any good to you.

I'm not sure how readable it is though. It didn't seem much like adult Vogue to me, I would not have thought they were related at all. The fashion pieces were dull.

DD was very keen on Heat for a while, could that be an easier option?

is your DD old enough for Cosmo?

Ethelswith Tue 29-Nov-16 17:26:54

Thanks for all your help!

The Miss Vogue webpage however takes me to the main Vogue subscription site, so although that looks like a great deal, it's not quite what I'm after.

I do sometimes go through a big railway station, so will see if I can track down an issue there.

Any other recommendations? She's nearly 13, so no Cosmo yet!

traviata Tue 29-Nov-16 19:43:02

what about Shout?

or graphic novels?
or manga?

here's a good introduction to manga for teens

Ethelswith Mon 26-Dec-16 12:34:11

Belated update - I got a hard copy of Teen Vogue (having found it in a WHSmith that I pass often enough to pick one up when I remember).

Many thanks for the other suggestions. I've given her some manga Shakespeare in the past, and that has gone down well, so I think I might try other stuff done that way for her birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now