Charm bracelet?

(5 Posts)
morvoren Sat 26-Nov-16 04:46:08

It will be my daughter's first Xmas. I'd like to do something like get her a charm bracelet that I add charms to each year but is it naff? Do people wear charm bracelets? I guess not. I imagine they mainly get kept carefully for sentimental reasons. Is it a good idea? Is it worth getting an expensive version? Or a cheaper alternative? Or should I just put some money in a savings account for her instead? I think as a little girl I would have loved waiting to see what charm my mum picked out for my bracelet each year but so might be romanticising!

mailfuckoff Sat 26-Nov-16 04:54:08

As a child my Nan bought me a charm bracelet and a few charms. My parents have got me a couple as has my husband and I have one to represent each of my children. It's one of my treasured things and it gets worn at Christmas and weddings and I talk through each charm with my children

OhFuckOff Sat 26-Nov-16 06:12:21

My daughter is 6 and has a Pandora, it's a lovely keepsake and I get excited picking her a new charm. smile

morvoren Sat 26-Nov-16 09:04:10

Thanks, now I'm more convinced it's a nice idea! I've seen a snowflake charm that could be for her first Xmas...

Ceaser1981 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:18:52

I think its a great idea. Go for it! Id go for a pandora and you could perhaps do a christmas theme some years then other types like birthday, pet etc other years. There are only so many that can fit on at a time and you will need clips to space them out too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now