What are you getting your 5 year old girls?

(17 Posts)
user1471461752 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:20:01

Looking for some ideas. She's got a few bits toothbrush, hair accessories, clothes etc but nothing really to play with. Any good toys out there that a 5 year old 'girly' girl would love?

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 24-Nov-16 14:25:32

My niece loved the LaLaLoopsy dolls and play sets at that age (I mean they're horrific, but she adored them and started a little collection)

ShesAStar Thu 24-Nov-16 17:09:48

My DD is nearly 5 and is getting a Baby Bjorn fairy princess doll, a pink skateboard with pink knee/elbow/wrist pads, pink heeleys, a few craft bits including a Make your own Snowglobe, some sticker books and a set of books about a ballerina, a lamp that illuminates the ceiling with stars and a Cinderella outfit. Like your DD she's very girly!

Squibbler Thu 24-Nov-16 17:18:35

My five year old is girly and getting furreal friends unicorn, baby born bubble bath, fairy garden, art and craft sets, gem excavation kit and pieace showdown.

snowgirl1 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:26:53

My DD is nearly 5 and is also quite girly. So far I've got a fleecy-on-the-inside mermaid's tail, unicorn onesie, unicorn pyjamas, a unicorn soft toy (jellycat one), a mermaid dressing up outfit, some bath fizzer bits, and a couple of Mog books . In terms of toys, I'm thinking of getting an aquabeads set, I've been thinking of a My Little Pony pony and I've also got my eye on a light that illuminates the ceiling with stars! Not sure what else to get so will read other suggestions with interest.

wiltingfast Thu 24-Nov-16 17:36:59

She really really wanted

Baby Born &
Baby Born's sister

She also wanted a

kinder egg
Dr Seuss books & a surprise.

For the surprise I got her a story star teddy Looks fab, I think she will love it.

user1471461752 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:59:24

Thank you. Will have a Google of these ideas later tonight!

AutumnalLeaves38 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:13:48

I'm buying my friend's 5yr old this: www.myriadonline.co.uk/product/rainbow-silk-streamer/

(bonus points: is non-noisy, doesn't require batteries, doesn't clutter up space and gets them moving!)

Nyancat Thu 24-Nov-16 18:23:23

Can I ask which star projector people have chosen. Some I've seen get crap reviews.

FoxInABox Thu 24-Nov-16 22:26:35

My dd has just turned six, she is very much a girly girl. She's getting:
Hatchimal
Light up heely type shoes (pink!)
Newborn baby girl from smyths
They have some lovely pink fairy notebooks, diary etc and other little bits in card factory which will be her stocking fillers.
A write your own story book
Party handbag and purse
Barber styling head

FoxInABox Thu 24-Nov-16 22:27:07

Barbie styling head even!

PisforPeter Thu 24-Nov-16 22:29:37

F

GooseFriend Fri 25-Nov-16 17:05:43

Dr mcsuffins vets duplo set
Watch
Anna (frozen) barbie-type doll

In stocking Xmas bumper edition of favourite magazine

pineappleeyes Fri 25-Nov-16 21:19:41

My very girly 5 yo dd has got baby born boy, baby annabels brother, kinetic sand, Rainbow dash play doh set, blu blu dolphin, pretend & play post office, pretend & play school, a barbie with colour changing dogs, new dyson, new washing machine. Hoping to get her a bike too.
Various stocking fillers, smiggle pen, bath bombs, fluffy socks,

winterisnigh Fri 25-Nov-16 21:52:06

streamer is beautiful what a lovely idea

HarryPottersMagicWand Fri 25-Nov-16 21:55:59

I have DDs birthday as well after Christmas so some is for that as well but so far Sylvanian families camper van, bedroom set, hedgehog twins and persian cat family, my little pony 7 book boxset, mlp factivity book, mlp figure, mlp top trumps, mlp train, mlp swan, lego Frozen castle, lego friends icecream van and vet and box of lego, big carebear teddy, hedbanz game, fairy garden, unicorn poster, The Bright Side girl treasures tin which I'll put some little stocking fillers in and a ticket to see Diversity next year. All cost less than £200. The ticket was the only full price item.

longestlurkerever Fri 25-Nov-16 21:57:41

My dd wanted a cuddly Hedwig, Sylvanian families and a camera. She's getting her grandma's old one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now