Board game recommendation for 2 year old DS

(10 Posts)
Bobsmum02 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:19:14

DS is 2.5 and is just getting into sitting down and playing a game, at the moment he has a lady bird matching game from ELC and a farmyard bingo game which he likes to play. I'm going to get him a couple of orchard toys games on recommendation from a friend but I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for any slightly more fun rather than educational type games for him to enjoy? If you see what I mean?

J3NN1 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:24:03

Orchard games are great for this age, some start from 18months and my 9 year old still loves some too.
Dotty dinosaur is good, as is the shopping game and the rocket game. They also do flash cards and early spelling & counting. Go to their website you will see a huge range, but can always be found cheaper on amazon or in Tesco/Asda.

J3NN1 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:24:38

Sorry meant to add orchard games also do really fun ones not just educational.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 24-Nov-16 10:59:45

Shopping List huge favourite here at that age
Tummy Ache, Frog Party enjoyed too

Spooky Steps is really loved by my 5 year old, and my nearly 3 can play it too with help.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 24-Nov-16 11:01:06

Sorry you wanted non Orchard - mine love Hungry Hippos if he's good with small pieces and I've got them Pop Up Pirate for Christmas as a joint present.

KookSpook Thu 24-Nov-16 11:02:46

If anyone is after Orchard Toys, I saw them in Tesco Extra for £4.50 each. They had about 8 different ones.

BreatheDeep Thu 24-Nov-16 11:04:23

We had pop-up pirate when our son was 2. He loved it and still does.

Bobsmum02 Thu 24-Nov-16 11:18:38

Thanks everyone. Dotty dinosaurs and the shopping list game are on my list after my friend recommended orchard games, so I'll definitely get them now. I'll check tesco's for them!

I hadn't thought of pop up pirate or hungry hippos so I'll definitely have a look at them, think he would like either.

ShowOfHands Thu 24-Nov-16 11:23:18

We have lots of Orchard Games (Scaredy Cat was a big hit) but we like Children's Charades too which has picture and word options for acting out.

NapQueen Thu 24-Nov-16 11:24:20

Dominoes with animal pictures on instead of numbers.

Buckaroo

Pairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now