What are you getting your 3 year old?

(29 Posts)
ExplodingCarrots Wed 23-Nov-16 14:56:37

I found these threads helpful last year and got some great toy ideas.

So far I've got dd:

ELC Happyland jack and the beanstalk
ELC bumble bee game
V tech camera
Peppa pig book

What are you getting your lo's. Boys and girls toys because dd plays with any toys.

GeekyWombat Wed 23-Nov-16 15:03:18

Doc McStuffin medical bag (comes with stuffed Lambie)
ELC Cash register / basket / some shop food
A codepillar (not sure if she's a bit young for this)

Bubbles, torch, colouring etc for stocking

Lucked Wed 23-Nov-16 15:07:23

Well she just wants "a big present"

We were in Smyths this week and she seem keen on the Doc Mcstuffins mobile clinic which is expensive at £50 but it is certainly a big present.
Little tikes glow and speak torch picked up in TKmaxx
Box set of the usbourne peek inside books also from TKmaxx
A piano and drum electrical mat
More play doh - probably just a large pack of dough rather than a set
Need new dressing gown, pyjamas and slippers possibly with a new soft toy but haven't seen anything quite right yet.

Not to spoil your fun but we have the bumble bee game and putting in all the leaves is so time consuming and annoying but the kids do like it.

ExplodingCarrots Wed 23-Nov-16 15:16:50

Lucked I've told Dh it's his job to set it up if it's time consuming grin

PeppaAteMySoul Wed 23-Nov-16 15:20:31

Doctors outfit and play medical equipment. Superhero cape. Extended family getting him a few playmobil sets and some duplo.

Potatoooooo Wed 23-Nov-16 15:21:49

So far I've got mine:
A cool chalk book
Poems for kids book
A jigsaw puzzle that sings nursery rhymes
A Barbie convertible car with Barbie
A pop up tent
Mini aquadoodle book
And then I've got a xmas eve box which has a mini santa hat, these cool crayons from sostrene grenes, a colouring book, a pack of chocolate coins, some putty, and a reindeer bath bomb.

Solasum Wed 23-Nov-16 15:23:22

Playmobil pirate ship and mobile home.
Pop up pirate
Mr Potato Head

Maybe a hand held real hoover. blush

Mamushka Wed 23-Nov-16 15:24:40

Brio Countryside Train set - his first train set. He loves trains and he loves his toot-toot cars and track so this will be a natural step up smile My mum is getting him some add-ons for it and we might ask our in-laws if they'll get him the ferry set to go with it.

He's also getting a small box of Duplo to add to his existing collection, and a t-shirt I liked and bought a couple of months ago.

I am also considering getting him a doctors kit as he's been saying he wants to be a doctor when he grows up grin. Definitely nothing more after that though, too many gifts otherwise!

Thingywhatsit Wed 23-Nov-16 15:27:07

Mine is 2.5 - but lots of dressing up stuff. Got bargains on Amazon Melissa and Doug ones for half the rrp.
Some books, kinetic sand (just sand as she has play doh stuff that can be used for both) , shopkins as she is obsessed with them, and some small bits of paw patrol, figures/puzzles/mash'ems etc

Also got some very good deals on toot toot - but not sure if she will actually play with them much and really I think I should have got happyland so might have to sell them on after Xmas (will get what I paid easily! So not too worried)

BreatheDeep Wed 23-Nov-16 15:31:22

Domino run set (he's obsessed!)
Jigsaw puzzle
Hotwheels track
Books
Humpty dumpty game

Grandparents are getting him a brio train track extension set and marble run.

FixItUpChappie Wed 23-Nov-16 18:08:18

I've gone overboard (I will just state that I'm aware already!) but his under the tree gifts are....

Playmobil fire station
Playmobil ladder truck
A new sled
Fast Lane Airport (which came in a massive fucking box confused)
Haba ball run for the tub
Melissa and Doug Discovery Magic Set
Playdoh Dr. Drill and Fill

He is sharing the hexbug game "Buggaloop" with his brother.

That doesn't include his stocking.....

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Wed 23-Nov-16 18:38:03

Last year at 3 gifts dd loved were

Paw patroller with pups and their cars
Giant aristocats teddy!
Busy books - paw patrol and home
Books - dinosaur who pooped and fairytale hairdresser series.
Doctors kit - doc mcstuffins one!
Ikea tent - amazing me and both dd's can fit inside smile

To the poster above we bought the doc mcstuffins mobile clinic (the pull along thing) for £2 at a carboot. It's a nightmare dd hardly plays with it as the doors constantly fall off and takes up loads of room. However the talking doc doll and doctors kit is played with loads!

toptomatoes Wed 23-Nov-16 18:47:08

DD is having a balance bike (second hand), a chocolate lolly maker (special request!), a Cinderella doll and some books, games, PJs, dressing gown.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 23-Nov-16 19:01:34

I had a very helpful suggestions thread on here a few days ago, and dd is getting:

Paw patrol chase & Marshall with vehicles & Skye figure
Playmobil pony stable
Lego Juniors Ariel set
Disney animators mini Rapunzel play set
Huge cuddly Tigger (from Father Christmas; what she has asked for)
I am also making her some Frozen bedding for her doll bed and a cuddly Anna doll to go in it.

She is also getting some books and in her stocking a Batgirl figure and baby doll clothes.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 23-Nov-16 19:04:13

Oh and her birthday is a few days after Christmas for that she is getting a bike, a Lottie Muddy Puddles doll, a little Winnie the Pooh bag and purse and a Disney Storybook collection.

ExplodingCarrots Wed 23-Nov-16 20:08:17

Loads of great ideas again, thanx ! She's in to fireman Sam at the moment but the toys don't look the best so maybe the playmobil fire station will be a better idea. Didn't think of that.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Wed 23-Nov-16 20:22:04

Whilst I would agree the quality of FS toys doesn't compare to playmobil they have survived the VERY exuberant (thuggish) play from my DS. He has the engine and helicopter and they have lasted a year of heavy play

GlitteryFluff Wed 23-Nov-16 20:38:49

DS will be almost 2.5 this christmas. I've spent far too much but that's another story.
He's got
Happyland rocket
Happyland farm
Happyland rose cottage (all 3for2 and farm was half price)
Original soft bodied Woody toy with the pull string
Little hard plastic woody and buzz toy
Mrs potato head (he has mr already)
Dr's set (stethoscope etc)
Peppa pig tree house
And a doll with a dummy

Then he has little boys for a stocking like water painting book, a couple of Christmas books, light up spinning tops, bubbles etc

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 23-Nov-16 20:53:52

My ds got the Happyland Farm and Rocket when he was 18 months and they have just been played with constantly. Ds is five and still plays with the rocket and with the farm with his little sister, so you'll get your money's worth smile

HateMrTumble Wed 23-Nov-16 21:28:41

Super small bike and an iPad.. then pretty much everything off the Internet that is paw patrol.. obsessed 🙄

ExplodingCarrots Wed 23-Nov-16 21:34:33

It was because of Mumsnet that I bought the HappyLand tree house last year. She still plays with it now. Would really recommend them. Look out for offers , especially in mothercare.

Ahh good to hear about the FS toys! Family are asking for ideas and I've mentioned she likes FS so not worried about them breaking now.

GlitteryFluff Wed 23-Nov-16 21:42:40

DS plays with his train set every day.
He also has a batter powered engine that goes round by itself. It's used a lot, even if I have to help him set it up.

Alyx80 Wed 23-Nov-16 21:43:43

Playmags! Expensive but worth every penny. My son had them last year at 3 and still plays with them every day, he's asked for more this year.

MrsBellefleur Wed 23-Nov-16 21:44:33

My three year old is getting a train table and extra track, massive box of Lego, play doh, crayola twistables, kinetic sand, books, a couple of t shirts and some other bits that I can't remember what I've bought!
Sounds like loads but just about everything was reduced or a deal. I need to get everything out and see if some can be held back for her birthday in March as well.

One lot of Grandparents are getting her a bike other grandparents are getting her a super sorting pie and plan toy bumblebee game.

StubbleTurnips Wed 23-Nov-16 21:49:15

She's had a new horse themed bedroom - which she's in already.

On Xmas day DD is getting the Paw Patrol vehicles & pups, trying in a fruitless attempt to track Everest down
Lots of 'horse' clothing that I've picked up through the year from sales
She's getting a couple of things for her bedroom - horse blanket, cushion and wall mural thing
Her stocking has stickers, chocolates and schleich horses for her stable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now