Argos Black Friday preview

(18 Posts)
AndNowItsSeven Tue 22-Nov-16 18:09:49

See attached photo

AndNowItsSeven Tue 22-Nov-16 18:10:53

If you reserve items at the full price on Thursday then you can pick then up at the reduced price on Friday.

redexpat Tue 22-Nov-16 20:00:59

Thanks for sharing!

Afishcalledchips Wed 23-Nov-16 11:07:13

The amazon fire is already £29.99 on Amazon

Upsetmummy27 Wed 23-Nov-16 12:43:23

Can you watch YouTube on a fire tablet?

Afishcalledchips Wed 23-Nov-16 12:47:51

Yes.

My son did find that some game apps weren't available for it, but on the whole it's a bargain.

Upsetmummy27 Wed 23-Nov-16 13:09:16

I think I might give it a try. Do you know if there are any messaging apps available for it?

Bumbumtaloo Wed 23-Nov-16 13:12:33

My DD's have the fire tablet, we got them last year in the Black Friday sales, I personally think they are fab for the money and surprisingly robust. I would say if you are getting one for a child to get a memory card for it. We pay the £7.99 subscription thingy and my DD's would go through the memory in no time.

PaperSnowAGhost Wed 23-Nov-16 13:19:00

I work at argos and you cant reserve them at full price and pick them up at sale price unfortunatley.

Afishcalledchips Wed 23-Nov-16 13:34:34

upset mummy

I'm not sure, my son had one but I don't allow them to have messaging apps (he's 9). I can't check because he broke his last one months ago by dropping it in a bucket of water shock I've just bought another to give him as a suprise for christmas, they are really good value.

I think you can probably message on facebook messenger on it, but the first review on Amazon says you can't get snapchat on it, apparently.

Zucker Wed 23-Nov-16 17:14:24

I work at argos and you cant reserve them at full price and pick them up at sale price unfortunatley.

Surely if you reserve on a Thursday when at a higher price and you actually go to collect on a Friday if the price has dropped thats effectively what you are doing no?

It certainly works the oher way around!

rollonthesummer Wed 23-Nov-16 17:18:55

Surely if you reserve on a Thursday when at a higher price and you actually go to collect on a Friday if the price has dropped thats effectively what you are doing no?

That's what I thought?

So if I reserve something for £100 tomorrow and go to pick it up on Friday and the price has dropped to £50, they will charge me £100 but the person behind me can buy it for £50?!

rollonthesummer Wed 23-Nov-16 17:23:30

Why are none of the £199 Apple watches they are selling in stock in any Argos store anywhere in the whole world (or available for home delivery)!!!

It's crap having an offer if you can't buy one anywhere!

Jojoanna Wed 23-Nov-16 17:27:59

Argos never have anything I want in stock

Letseatgrandma Wed 23-Nov-16 21:17:32

I've watched lots of things on the Argos website actually that have been in stock, then are suddenly totally out of stock everywhere/online the minute they are on offer, then are all magically back in stock again when it's back to full price!

Um, aren't those the current prices?

Sloegin2 Wed 23-Nov-16 23:28:08

Argos sales are always rubbish, there's never any stock! Until the day after the sale, of course ;-)

AndNowItsSeven Thu 24-Nov-16 01:04:28

Yes early Black Friday sale triptrap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now