Ideas for an 18month old girl

(7 Posts)
Scotinoz Sun 20-Nov-16 23:01:29

Can anybody give me some great ideas for something for our 18month old DD2 please. DD1 is only a year older so we have the usual suspects...

Scooters, kitchen/food stuff, kitchen (well it's in the box in the garage until we move house and have space), Duplo, Playmobil123, an inherited Little Tikes car and slide, a playhouse in the garden, books, blocks etc etc.

She doesn't really need anything, neither of them do, but grandparents/Aunties/etc keep asking what to buy the children (and "nothing" doesn't seem to be an acceptable answer). DD1 has a couple of very reasonable requests which we're happily buying for her, so we kind of feel DD2 needs something too.

So far, I've bought a Playmobil123 set. Everyone raves about Happyland but I was trying to avoid another play set. She likes everything her older sister has, eating Playdoh and pens/pencils, knocking down towers and racing around like a headless chicken 😐

Any suggestion gratefully received!

Archedbrowse Sun 20-Nov-16 23:09:10

My similar aged DD loves putting things in things then out. not shape sorter like she likes putting all the dolls house furniture from its storage box in to the dolls house, then taking it all back out again. So for bday we got her a wooden caravan & accessories that she basically does the same thing with but with the added bonus of being able to move it around.

So what I'm saying is, is there a particular activity she likes playdoh eating notwithstanding that you can replicate in a toy?
However when asked by a relative for suggestions I'll usually just say an outfit as I've used my best ideas up thinking what we're going to get her!

Purpleprickles Sun 20-Nov-16 23:09:20

Could they get her something small to unwrap and then maybe buy her a garden present in the summer? My ds was 13 months one Christmas and really didn't need anything so the grandparents did this and the following summer he had a swing from one set and a slide from the others.

PoohBearsHole Sun 20-Nov-16 23:12:28

something like Baby Born/Baby Annabelle, accessories for them?
a musical instrument?
bedroom bunting
lovely book - pop up of some sort
cash register of some sort
(looking at those usual suspects hanging around the room!)

Scotinoz Mon 21-Nov-16 07:28:53

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe suggesting some cash and we'll buy something for the garden is the way forward. Thanks!

SimplyNigella Mon 21-Nov-16 08:04:33

Do you have the Melissa and Doug Doorbell house? DS absolutely loves it and I'm sure your elder DD would enjoy it too.

Pocketsizedpixie Mon 21-Nov-16 08:08:13

Could you ask people to club together and buy annual passes to somewhere local? We have a couple of aunts/uncles chipping in for membership to our local soft play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now