BIG gift ideas?

(10 Posts)
FireandBrimstone Sun 20-Nov-16 21:09:50

Any good ideas for gifts for 10-12year olds that will look big and exciting when they're wrapped up but are still cheap? I'm thinking A1-sized drawing pads, giant tubes of jaffa cakes and the like!
I'm not scrooge, honest - but the main gifts mine are getting are pretty small in size and even if I put them in the giant Santa gift bag thingies I don't want the overall 'array' to look disappointing at first glance.

Box of Coke cans, if she likes it. DD2 always used to see that as v exciting, as we don't normally buy fizzy drinks.

Box full of stuff oike cotton wool, nail varnish remover, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair bobbles etc. Basically things she might use anyway.

Marshmallowsandcream Sun 20-Nov-16 21:15:52

A cushion for their bedroom or a snuggly blanket.

jelliebelly Sun 20-Nov-16 21:17:25

Bean bag

Haudyerwheesht Sun 20-Nov-16 21:17:47

Board games
Joke set
Wilko blox stuff
Annual
Fleecy blanket
Folder
Trading card folder eg Pokemon

dementedma Sun 20-Nov-16 21:18:33

Big bag of popcorn and cinema tickets, cheap framed print for bedroom, a throw or cushion, jigsaw.

MsHybridFanGirl Sun 20-Nov-16 21:35:50

Cheap onesie / fluffy pyjamas

HighDataUsage Sun 20-Nov-16 21:43:02

I went into Argos today & saw that they had a big bottle of popcorn by their food gift table. That would take up space and bulk out a gift bag nicely.

MigsSlippers Sun 20-Nov-16 22:04:19

Poster
Cushion
£10 book people box sets

FireandBrimstone Sun 20-Nov-16 22:04:49

Great ideas, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now