DVDs for 2.5 year old

(13 Posts)
Ettal Sat 19-Nov-16 21:25:17

Want to build my son a little dvd collection, so far he has Thomas, fireman Sam, fern gully, toy story 1,2,3, Peter Pan, Alice in wonderland, Arthur Christmas and finding memo. He loves all the toy story's and Peter Pan, I want to get him a few for Xmas but what DVDs are most enjoyable at this age? Preferably Disney (not because I enjoy them too ;))

Muddlingalongalone Sat 19-Nov-16 21:28:42

Not Disney - but we've got a father Christmas /the snowman double bill, a winnie the pooh collection & the lorax
I always found shorter stories better at that age than full films

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sat 19-Nov-16 21:30:56

My son of the same age loves Winnie the Pooh, tractor Ted, jungle book, tangled, frozen, Snow White and home on the range

Haggard1 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:32:35

Tangled, shrek, minions. My kids like the hotel Transylvania series, frozen. The theme seems to be soundtracks, although ds had quite a big crush on rapunzel too!

CaitAgusMadra Sat 19-Nov-16 21:38:08

My son loved The Jungle Book at that age

mamabluestar Sat 19-Nov-16 21:39:04

At that age my DS loved Cars 1 and 2.

elQuintoConyo Sat 19-Nov-16 21:41:25

Lego movie?

Absolutely ANYTHING with Muppets grin DS is getting Muppets Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve, canmot waut to watch it with him.

He got Polar Express last year which has been watched weekly - including mid-August when he was too hot in the paddling pool: frozen yoghurt on a lolly stick and Polar Express in the nuddy!

Perhaps UP? Although we always ff the opening part with the story of the old couple - boring and mawkish, sends us all to sleep. He likes Kevin and the dog in the cone of shame.

Cars 1 is pretty cool, too.

Upanddownroundandround Sat 19-Nov-16 21:43:53

At that age try:
Bear in the big blue house
Percy the park keeper
Postman pat
Come Outside

BBC animations The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo's Child
Lost and Found
(these are quite calming so good for pre or post nap time or bedtime)

Disney Cars
Planes

mamabluestar Sat 19-Nov-16 22:10:47

I've just had a look on my dd's tablet, she has Aladdin, Ratatouille and Bolt downloaded, which could be a good option for you

Ettal Sat 19-Nov-16 23:53:13

Oo thank you everyone, definitely Winnie the poo I loved watching that when I was young, my favourite bit was when he licked the honey off his hands for some reason! Still remember that.. And a lot mentioned I've looked at but thought they would b for older kids, I'm glad they aren't because I fancied watching them too!

FixItUpChappie Sun 20-Nov-16 05:00:04

my 3 yr old loves "The Aristocats" and there is virtually nothing offensive about it so - fantastic! grin

Also parent and kid approved....The Jungle Book and Cinderella

Ilovenannyplum Sun 20-Nov-16 05:24:24

DS is 2.4 and currently loving Secret Life of Pets, Shrek, Monsters Inc and Toy Story

Ilovenannyplum Sun 20-Nov-16 05:27:16

Oh and Frozen. He would watch it all day if I let him I dont

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now