Naming the Elf

(41 Posts)
Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 06:59:41

Oh joy! This is a great place!
Our Elf has arrived. The dcs already know he's here (because dh can't keep his mouth shut) and he is to make an entrance this evening. I would like to name him obviously FC will have named him and I'm stuck. Looking for inspiration for Elf names please.

WellErrr Sat 19-Nov-16 07:16:19

Sorry OP grin

WellErrr Sat 19-Nov-16 07:16:45

Couldn't resist! grin

BoboBunnyH0p Sat 19-Nov-16 07:22:45

Ours is called Nidon, not a clue how we decided on it. What did you decide?
I have a DH like that, I suggested that we get the missing disney mini figure from eBay and have the elf bring it one night (easy set up for me) bloody tells the kids and gives them it when it arrived today.

Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 07:26:37

wellerr I actually opened that to see if it could help me choose a name blush grin

Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 07:27:29

bobo I'm not telling him anything else. Now I have five weeks to fill with daily elf antics. Arse!

Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 07:28:21

N.O.G.A.S ?

00100001 Sat 19-Nov-16 07:41:13

Get DH to do the daily antics! He might bloody leant then.

Or just make up a new rule that until x date, he only appears on a Sunday morning

00100001 Sat 19-Nov-16 07:41:34

call him Bob

Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 07:53:49

Cool. Good idea. DH will want to join in take over the elf antics anyway. <sigh>
I like bob

OSETmum Sat 19-Nov-16 08:33:05

Ds's is called Elfie because DS named him and is oh so original at naming things 😂. I quite like it though since it's a play on Alfie.

FeelingSmurfy Sat 19-Nov-16 08:39:34

Bernard because he is the head elf in The Santa Clause films, so when/if you watch any of those it will be exciting that you must have a really important elf

Otherwise names like jolly, buddy, tinsel, Carol

Munchkin08 Sat 19-Nov-16 08:51:27

Our elf last year was called Flick.

MillieMoodle Sat 19-Nov-16 08:55:41

Our elf is Lilywhite. DH is a Spurs fan....

Trudee Sat 19-Nov-16 12:43:58

Our elf has the very original name of Buddy. He doesn't get up to tricks tho, our dc's are quite happy to just try and find him every morning. I have to confess that on more than one occasion I've woken up in the middle of the night and remembered that we haven't moved him and had to do a mad dash. I don't think I have the capacity to do all the antics. Dh is very keen on keeping the elf going for years to come then doing some of the more adult themed antics that he's found online hmm

Monroe Sat 19-Nov-16 16:58:21

We have a cranberry (red hat) and a holly (green hat)

Anything remotely Christmassy will fit the bill

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sat 19-Nov-16 18:23:31

Ours is lily. DS named her after his best friend that he can't pronounce the name of grin

Tiggles Sat 19-Nov-16 18:45:53

Ours is called Pickles because he gets up to mischief

Sodyus. Call him Sodyus. fgrin

katienana Sat 19-Nov-16 21:32:37

Ours is called Disco. He arrived with a note asking for a name and lots of cuddles!

Bettersleepoutdoors Sat 19-Nov-16 22:58:36

Preemptive grin

BoboBunnyH0p Sun 20-Nov-16 06:55:51

We have only done one adult themed one, ours developed a candy cane dust addiction, all our friends loved the photo. (Disclaimer the kids did not discover him in this set up)

almostenglish Sun 20-Nov-16 07:33:21

I like Bernard!

So help me out here, mine has arrived yesterday but I'm a bit confused as to how to introduce it to the kids.

My thought was that he would arrive by special Santa post, i.e. I'd wrap it in brown paper and have it addressed to the kids. But perhaps he should just arrive by magic like the presents?

If we are supposed to give him a name that will mean to the kids he is a brand new elf, not one of santa's proper helpers....

Where does he go after Xmas? Back to Santa?

I probably should have opened the box to read the instructions but was too scared the kids would see him. I take Xmas very seriously! smile

Rosa Sun 20-Nov-16 07:41:43

Elf dilema here... DD2 is awaiting the arrival ..BUT we go on holiday on Dec1 for 2 weeks and will be staying in 4 different hotels ..what to do with the blessed elf ? Normally the elf arrives when we put the tree up so around Dec 8/10 ...Any suggestions ...sorry to hijack but saw the thread and it came to mind !

Rosa Sun 20-Nov-16 07:42:42

Oh ours is called George ...... No idea why the dds named him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now