stuck for my 17 month old

(6 Posts)
waitingforsomething Fri 18-Nov-16 11:10:11

DS will be 17 months at Christmas. He is second child so we already have happyland, shape sorters, car garage, pop up tent, lots of balls. We have already bought him a toy cleaning set and one of those magnetic drawing things from ELC. My mum is buying him a toot toot car garage. DD is 4 and I have already spent quite a bit more on her as I know what she likes so she's easier! I'd like to think of a few more things to get him but really stuck. Any ideas?

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 18-Nov-16 11:19:02

Best present for my boys, hands down, has been their toy kitchen. Have you already got on of these? Got it for DS1 for Christmas when he was 2.5yo and DS2 was about 3mo. DS2 (now 2.3yo) has been playing with it since he could support himself in standing as a baby as the worktop is a perfect height. We have it in our real kitchen, so they both 'cook' while I do.

Fresh01 Fri 18-Nov-16 13:02:27

Bath toys

Wooden puzzles

Smart trike

Little times cosy coupe car - can use a bit indoors over winter but would be great for outside in the summer

ApocalypseCow Fri 18-Nov-16 19:20:58

My DS will be 16 months at Christmas. We have bought him a trike, a play tent, a giant twirlywoo (he enjoys the tv programme), an aquadoodle and a lullaby la la, lots of books, baths toys and some happy land toys. If you have a lot of toys already from your older child do you really need to buy much? He won't have a clue what's been bought or what's been handed down.

Marmite27 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:25:15

THe toot toot garage only comes with the tow truck. My DC got it as a 1st birthday present, along with the helicopter, extra track and the 3 pack of everyday vehicles. (Got the three additional bits for £22 on amazon) makes it into a complete set IMO.

We've got duplo, musical instruments and books coming from Father Christmas in addition to some of the things you've already mentioned.

waitingforsomething Sat 19-Nov-16 04:55:51

Thanks for your lovely ideas, musical instruments and bath toys could go down very well. Also Marmite I hadn't realised that so I will buy him an extra pack of toot toot cars - that's a great ideas.

Apocalpse - I know he wouldn't know but I feel bad because DD has got a bike which has been really expensive, and she's also really into sylvanian families so we bought her some more of this so the spending on her is much higher - I know he doesn't know the value but I'd like him to have a few more things. I get what you mean though :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now