Today I finished...

(14 Posts)
NoCapes Thu 17-Nov-16 19:56:27

Buying all my kids presents grin

I have emergency money for the inevitable '20th December this is the only thing I want from Santa but have failed to mention before now' panic from the older 2
But apart from that their individual, joint and stocking presents are bought, Xmas eve box is done, all elf activities sorted/booked, cards bought, wrapping paper bought
...is it too early to wrap?

Anyone else? I'm feeling rather smug grin

RuggerHug Thu 17-Nov-16 20:00:13

Woo hoo! Fair play. I wouldn't wrap yet though. It's an excuse to hide away 'working like an elf' and nibbling on festive snackswink

NoCapes Thu 17-Nov-16 20:08:56

Aha of course! You are a wise one Rugger

CakeNinja Thu 17-Nov-16 20:44:30

Wow, well done, I haven't bought a single thing yet! Can't face it until after next week, I have 2 dcs birthdays this month so never start until after them.
Have one Christmas shopping day out, then the rest done in a maximum of 2 nights from the comfort of my bed on the iPad! I have about 40 to buy for aswell!!

twofloorsup Thu 17-Nov-16 20:45:36

I finished mine on 12th November smile
I'm staying out of the shops til January now !

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 17-Nov-16 20:46:39

I've just about finished my Christmas shopping now, possibly a couple more stocking fillers still to buy. DH's birthday is at the end of this month so once that's out the way we will start wrapping Christmas stuff. It's quite an enjoyable thing for us to do on an evening with Christmassy nibbles whilst half watching TV.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 17-Nov-16 21:01:57

>>Pokes fingers into ears<<

LaLaLaLaLa fwink

I'm going shopping tomorrow sans DC and sans DH.
I will waft round John Lewis, M&S, Yankee Candles,Lakeland without DD whittering on about TopShop or Victoria Secret Pink.
(DD and I went to Oxford Street last week but it was more to snoop and buy small things. It was busy)

Plan to break the back of it tomorrow and see what else I need when I take DH out next month.
For everything else, there's Amazon Prime.

BowiesBlueEye Thu 17-Nov-16 22:01:47

Raises a glass to *NoCapes*

I'm all done too, all wrapped and hidden away. All 3 kids, stockings, Xmas eve boxes, friends, teachers, nieces and nephews, parents, grandparents and our siblings and partners. All thanks to the brilliant bargain threads .

Tree goes up on the 1st then it's card writing and stuffing my face with mini stollen bites smile

BingBongBingBong Thu 17-Nov-16 22:05:32

I'm all done too (for the kids) am so pleased as usually I am ridiculously disorganised. Plenty of time left if I think of another odd thing to get but I doubt I'll need anything else. Still not wrapped them yet and need presents for their grandparents but that's usually quite easy

CakeNinja Thu 17-Nov-16 22:31:15

What actually is stollen? Is it marzipan and dried fruits and nuts? I don't mind marzipan but hate dried fruit and nuts. I always feel a bit hard done by at Christmas as I hate things like mince pies, Christmas cake/pudding and other foods where devils crumbs lurk below a beautiful exterior grin

BowiesBlueEye Thu 17-Nov-16 22:51:06

I hate dried fruit and I hate marzipan but the Aldi mini stollen bites are amazing, especially warmed slightly. I've tried other stolen and not been impressed.

They are like little morsels of heaven.

BowiesBlueEye Thu 17-Nov-16 22:52:31

I also don't eat Xmas pud, mince pies etc. So the little morsels of heaven plus a few packs of Florentines make me feel like I'm joining in smile

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 18-Nov-16 06:48:44

I'm pretty much done but that makes me sad. I wish I could do everyone else's too grin having to restrain myself from wrapping or I would plunge into despair. I do have all the wrapping for toddlers group Santa visit to do too.

WiltingTulip Fri 18-Nov-16 07:16:55

I'm done. I'll possibly buy little bits if they pop into my line of vision. I've also decided to have Xmas lunch catered and have chosen what we'all have and collect it on Xmas eve.
Last year I ordered everything online at the beginning of December and didn't set foot in a shop. I was going to do it that way again but I've been off work sick for months so have had lots of time on my hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now