Friends DC's presents

(6 Posts)
BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 15-Nov-16 20:23:42

One friend made it clear early on that they weren't doing other people's kids for Christmas presents as money is tight. Great, nice and easy as I wasn't going to get them either!! smile (I might have bought something like a token selection box)
Now another friend has announced she has (proper) presents for all the children in the group...

How would you do this now - presents for all, presents for none or presents just in return to the one who is buying?
If I'd known earlier, I would have suggested a secret santa type of thing.

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 15-Nov-16 20:24:35

Money isn't unbelievably tight, I could manage to get presents. I am just worried about making the skint friend feel worse about it than she already does...

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 15-Nov-16 20:28:06

Maybe get token presents for skint friend's kids?

SecondaryQuandary Tue 15-Nov-16 20:31:14

I'd have a word with skint friend say something like "I know things are tight money wise for you this year. Would it offend you if I just got a selection box for your DC? I won't if it'll make you uncomfortable, but giving isn't about receiving, eh".

If she isn't keen, then don't. But at least you've asked.

PunkAssMoFo Tue 15-Nov-16 22:22:53

How old are friends dc's. some token gifts would only cost as much as a selection box e.g. Wilko do small lego compatible sets for £1, a cheap book from the works etc....

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Wed 16-Nov-16 07:54:13

Ages spread right from toddler to teen. Books are a good idea though, as is having a word with her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now