Remote control cars - can you recommend one that will still be working 3 days after Xmas??

(12 Posts)
yellowbirdie Mon 14-Nov-16 18:27:34

That's it really! We've had five remove control cars and they have all been rubbish. My DC love the idea of them but they are always a massive disappointment. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks.

SatsukiKusakabe Mon 14-Nov-16 19:19:15

Watching with interest, same here grin

Ds has asked for a remote control car again this year after previous disappointments. We were eyeing the ones in Argos, but we've hand our fingers burnt too many times.

Beckadillo Mon 14-Nov-16 21:08:46

How old are they? We got these two 4 years ago, and they're still going strong...
Chicco
Sonic

PippaFawcett Mon 14-Nov-16 21:09:17

No. They are all shit.

Beckadillo Mon 14-Nov-16 21:09:54

Oh damn sorry - just spotted the stupid price of the Sonic one (bloody tiny phone didn't notice when I copied link) must be a rarity now, we paid more like £30...

Beckadillo Mon 14-Nov-16 21:11:47

How about a Sphero or something instead? That's what I'm thinking for DS's Big Thing this year, they look amazing, though they do need a 'device' to drive them...

yellowbirdie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:32:38

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe we weren't spending enough to get a decent one. Glad I'm not the only one to have a bad experience with them.

Scaredycat3000 Tue 15-Nov-16 18:48:49

Google nikko vaporizr 2. Bought one for each child when they reached 3, but really an adult RC car, just really good. Other parents IRL buy them. Widely available, also sold in model shops, often in a sale on Argos/Amazon/similar. Available in two sizes approx £25/30 and £50/60. Spare parts/batteries available.

JenniferYellowHat1980 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:57:57

DS had a Hot Wheels RC for his birthday along with the Flipping Fury which is battery operated. Both great so far and much better than the more expensive RC Lamborghini from The Entertainer that he was also given.

yellowbirdie Wed 16-Nov-16 09:31:11

Thanks Scaredycat bought Nikko Vaporizr last year but it didn't work. It would charge all day then would work for 2 mins. I sent it back and didn't get it replaced. Maybe we were just unlucky?

yellowbirdie Wed 16-Nov-16 09:33:24

Thanks Jennifer I'm off to look at the Hot Wheels car. DS is made about Hot Wheels so hopefully it is a winner.

NC1nightstand Wed 16-Nov-16 09:40:08

Yeah I think I am of the mindset that at you have to pay a lot to get something decent. My kids have been really disappointed in the past and this year my youngest wants a rc helicopter! So I will watching this thread with interest and hope we can all find what we want. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now