Presents for 9yr old son

(5 Posts)
CleverQuacks Sun 13-Nov-16 16:29:19

I am really struggling to find ideas for my 9 year old! He is mainly into computer games, and you tube. He has a playstation, Nintendo ds and a tablet so doesn't need any other devices. I would like to find some stuff he could use to make his own animation or computer programming things but have no idea where to start or even if things exist for his age! Any suggestions?!?!

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 13-Nov-16 16:34:28

Stickbots are good. You use the little stick men and an app you download on your tablet/phone to make stop motion animations. You can get the zanimation studio which includes blur and green screens so he can add background affects. I'm getting it for my 9 year old. He will also be getting a kitvision splash camera which is like a very cheap gopro £35 is instead of hundreds. It comes with clips to attach to handle bars etc so he can make videos that way as well.

MrsRolly Sun 13-Nov-16 16:36:53

Raspberry PI maybe? Our dd had one last year as she loves coding and it has been brilliant.

BrieAndChilli Sun 13-Nov-16 23:36:18

DS is 9 and last year he got a Kano which is a raspberry pi with extras, he also got the screen kit too
This year he is getting the meccano robot which I got for less than half price!

LeMesmer Mon 14-Nov-16 12:27:57

DS has a Zu3d animation kit (sorry, can't link but it is on Amazon). Excellent kit for animation, as the camera it comes with is specifically made for animation, the software is also very good. He got it last Christmas and has used it constantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now