If you are giving an m&s beauty calendar...

(8 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Sun 13-Nov-16 14:53:13

Do you give it 1 December so the recipient can be all beautiful and pampered on the day, or do you give it on the 25 as usual?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ostrobogulous Sun 13-Nov-16 15:00:02

I've bought 2 and I'm giving them on December 1st. I ordered them both on the same day and one arrived yesterday but the other the day before. Strange! They look great smile

Trills Sun 13-Nov-16 15:12:22

Don't give an advent calendar on Dec 25th.

If you gave me a chocolate advent calendar on Dec 25th, I'd be disappointed, whereas if you gave me a box of chocolates with the exact same chocolate content, I'd be happy.

mysteryfairy Sun 13-Nov-16 15:17:14

I don't think you can really give it as an Xmas gift! I'd be so bemused to get one on 25/12. I'd assume I was meant to save it for 11 months but not be keen on ageing products.

ITCouldBeWorse Sun 13-Nov-16 15:17:38

That's what I thought! Thanks

VoldemortsNipple Sun 13-Nov-16 19:53:17

For what it worth, I gave two as gifts last year. One for dd which she received on the 1st and one for dsis which she received on 25th at her request . Dsis decided to open hers each day through January because she said it would give her something to look forward to during such a depressing month. She loved it so much she has bought herself one this year.

In all fairness, I think the quality of the gifts makes it good enough to give as a gift in its own right. I've had other brands which would only be suitable as intended.

Ostrobogulous Sun 13-Nov-16 21:09:37

That's a nice idea Voldemort. I hadn't thought of it that way, that it gives someone something to look forward to during miserable January!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 13-Nov-16 21:23:53

I'd say give for the 1st December too.

But I bought myself the Aldi one , all skincare no cosmetics. I'm planning to start it a week before the 1st so my haggard old face gets a head start fgrin.
My theory is : it contains duplicates of the same things so I'm not spoiling the surprise. If I start a bit early then I should be in prime condition skin wise for the run up to Christmas.
I can buy myself a chocolate advent to give the daily "Ooh" .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now