Dobbies give you massive eggboxes when you buy Christmas decs! How do you store yours?

(14 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo Sat 12-Nov-16 21:02:40

I've also bought a plastic box with dividers from B&M stores.
I have some very delicate glass decorations and like to store them carefully BUT I don't want to take up loads of room during the rest of the year.

How do you store yours?

To make matters more complex, I also have a lot of Easter decorations...

Chottie Sun 13-Nov-16 00:28:32

I wrap all decorations individually in bubble wrap or tissue paper and pack them in old biscuit tins. The tins are stored in large lidded plastic boxes in the loft.

OvO Sun 13-Nov-16 00:34:02

I have an ikea expedit (think it's called kallax now) unit in my attic. I have those fabric boxes from IKEA that fit in each 'hole'.

Red boxes = Christmas decorations
Black = Halloween
Yellow = Easter
Pink = Miscellaneous

Bubble wrap round the delicate stuff.

ChickenVindaloo Sun 13-Nov-16 08:56:05

Ooh I love u guys! Thanx

fourcorneredcircle Sun 13-Nov-16 10:45:11

I have apple boxes from the green grocers - large cardboard box with layers of ... well I suppose it looks like an egg carton... polestyrine that I fill up before adding another layer. I had two that my MIL gave me that she'd had over a decade. I wasn't sure if the greengrocer would still have them but yep, he did. I bought some fruit/veg and said "by the way do you have..." and he said yup, take what you want smile

Trumpton Sun 13-Nov-16 11:57:34

I bought plastic boxes , a glue gun and disposable cups and had a blast doing this.

ChickenVindaloo Sun 13-Nov-16 15:40:06

You guys are genuises!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 13-Nov-16 16:24:22

Big clear plastic crates with the locking lids. Layers of bubble wrap between the baubles.
Clear Space saver bags for most other things (rather than binbags which rip and you can't see whats in them. Still blaming DH for the disappearance of some decorations, I reckon they got chucked out by mistake) fsad

Trumpton Mon 14-Nov-16 03:57:37

This is my stuff packed up post 12th night !

ChickenVindaloo Mon 14-Nov-16 19:18:35

<kneels and worships>

Trumpton Mon 14-Nov-16 19:35:54

Thank you ! I do get a bit over enthusiastic about a place for everything and everything in its place !

ChickenVindaloo Mon 14-Nov-16 20:22:26

And you even know to omit the apostrophe for possessive "its".

I think I love you.

Trumpton Mon 14-Nov-16 20:46:41

I just really laughed at that. I do my best !

ChickenVindaloo Tue 15-Nov-16 23:26:46

:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now