box christmas advent calendars

(5 Posts)
Donovan17 Sat 12-Nov-16 16:29:08

I have two children one 16, one 11 and I was hoping to knock the box christmas calendar on the head this year but both children have said they would like it to continue. I don't want to put the usual chocolates in them and any little presents that they may even be remotely interested in would prove costly. So for this year I decided to let them know how much they mean to me and their dad. In 23 of the boxes I have included a little note each starts with "We love you both because:" Then I just filled in the gaps for example: You have wonderful smiles, You believe in justice, You are hard working a school, you make us proud, you love your family, we can trust you, you love to dance , you laughter is infectious and so on. On day 24 there is a special message on theirs it reads "Merry christmas love mom and dad. xxxxxx" underneath is a throwback picture of my children with Santa and at the very bottom I have written "WE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU" Do you think kids would still rather have the presents?

SoupDragon Sat 12-Nov-16 16:30:27

It's a nice idea but I would put chocolate coins in too.

Chelazla Sat 12-Nov-16 16:34:51

Agree with soup! Lovely idea but add a choocy too x

herecomesthsun Sat 12-Nov-16 18:35:26

I think DS 8y would just want the chocolate to be honest #too cool for school and too cool for sentiment. But it is a lovely idea. Maybe girls would be more comfortable with this? Maybe better in the US?

Donovan17 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:06:32

chocolates and sentiment it is then, thanks for your comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now